The Student Room Group

Oxford Brookes Adult Nursing Interview

Hiya,
Just wondering if anyone has had a interview at Oxford Brookes for Adult Nursing?
If so what type of questions did they ask in the interview?
Thank you for any help :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I haven't but have got one coming up, guessing you have as well?
Reply 2
Yeah I've got mine on Friday! When is yours?
Reply 3
I had an interview yesterday..it was a really relaxed interview and everyone was lovely. During the first part you have a talk about the university and then a tour around the health and social science campus. During the group interview you are given a scenario and questions to discuss in your group whilst you are discussing the interview panel watch each of you..the scenario wasn't that bad actually. You are then called through individually for your individual interviews..which I was really nervous about but the lady which interviewed me put me at ease and it wasn't actually too bad. Good luck with your interviews!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by frankiep
I had an interview yesterday..it was a really relaxed interview and everyone was lovely. During the first part you have a talk about the university and then a tour around the health and social science campus. During the group interview you are given a scenario and questions to discuss in your group whilst you are discussing the interview panel watch each of you..the scenario wasn't that bad actually. You are then called through individually for your individual interviews..which I was really nervous about but the lady which interviewed me put me at ease and it wasn't actually too bad. Good luck with your interviews!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! :smile: what type of questions did they ask you in the interview?
Reply 5
I think it depends on you, as I am a healthcare assistant at present so they asked me how I feel my roles would differ..and they asked about how I felt the discussion went

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I have my interview next Monday. In the day schedule, it did not state any tests, so I assume it's just group activities and individual interview?
Reply 7
We had no tests, and I have today been offered a place starting in September so happy! Good luck with your interview x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by frankiep
We had no tests, and I have today been offered a place starting in September so happy! Good luck with your interview x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you~
And congratulations! :biggrin:
Reply 9
Hi.
I have applied to Oxford Brookes and sent off my application 3 weeks ago - I just wondered how long it took for them to come back with an interview day for nursing?
Have they introduced the maths tests since you all applied/got offers?

Thank you,
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
I sent my application off first week of November and got an offer for an interview through on 20th Nov. My interview is tomorrow :-)
Reply 11
How did your interview go, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 12
Original post by TJ96
How did your interview go, if you don't mind me asking?

I got offered a place for September :-)

The interview was actually a lot of fun. We firstly had a discussion with the tutors who told us how the afternoon was going to pan out and then we did our group task we we were given a scenario which we had to talk around. We then went for a tour around the campus and finally had our individual interviews.
Reply 13
Original post by sjdwildcat
I got offered a place for September :-)

The interview was actually a lot of fun. We firstly had a discussion with the tutors who told us how the afternoon was going to pan out and then we did our group task we we were given a scenario which we had to talk around. We then went for a tour around the campus and finally had our individual interviews.

Hey congrats on the offer! What branch are you going into? I applied for adult Nursing om the 11th November and haven't heard from them apart from to confirm I'm applying for the Oxford Campus and not the Swindon one. They're my first choice so Im getting really impatient! Lol
Reply 14
Congratulations on your offer!
Would you mind me asking what sort of scenario you had?

I sent my UCAS off in November time - Oxford Brookes was my last university choice to get back to me, I know it's hard but hang on in there; they will get back to you!
Did they ask you a lot about your personal statement in the interview?

Thanks again!
Reply 15
Hi
I have an interview on Friday do an one knows if they is maths test on the interview .
Hi everyone applying for nursing at Oxford Brookes University. I cant wait to go to my interview!! I'm so excited, I hope I get offered a place. Can anyone gove me any information about the interview process. X
When i recieved my offer to come to an interview i was informed there was a written assessment. What does the written assessment invole? Xx
There is no numeracy or literacy test for Oxford Brookes x
Original post by Judithcm
Hi
I have an interview on Friday do an one knows if they is maths test on the interview .
Hi, i have an interview on friday aswell, what type of questions do they ask?

Quick Reply