The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Nekokat
Ooooh just wait for a2, cpt6 is fun but cpt4 isnt very nice, half of our class failed it (i got a b which i was v happy with). cpt5 doesnt seem as bad though...

Heh, there's me thinking that CPT5 would be harder than CPT4...

*me gleefully awaits the start of the A2 course*

Nice to see that the subject isn't just for the guys either... (which I'm afraid is true at our college, but it's nicely balanced out by Psychology...)
Well the markscheme sets out three separate ways of obtaining all the marks, one for using a software package only, one using only programming, and a combined one.
I enjoyed CPT4, and CPT5 seems to have too much networking for me.
Reply 22
jazznaz

Nice to see that the subject isn't just for the guys either... (which I'm afraid is true at our college, but it's nicely balanced out by Psychology...)

I wouldnt say that as im the only lass in my year doing computing (11 students), i think theres 2 in the as year though (55students)...
Nekokat
I wouldnt say that as im the only lass in my year doing computing (11 students), i think theres 2 in the as year though (55students)...

My Computing class is entirely male :p:

Psychology turned out to be 4:1 female:male and French was 3:1 female:male.
Reply 24
my physics is like 2:11 female to male but my maths and chem are like equal.....
Reply 25
My computing class, there are 2 of us, and its 2 guys!
Last year we had like 8 and that was all guys too!
Reply 26
philip67
A2 is horrible tho, gets so much harder

I agree but doing the coursework can be good fun if you give yourself plenty of time. There is a lot of theory and I am not a very logical person and I do struggle sometimes...
Reply 27
HearTheThunder
My Computing class is entirely male :p:

So is mine and there is only one girl in the whole year doing it.

My sociology class is 2 guys (inc. me) : 12 girls :wink:
Reply 28
there are only 4 people left in my maths class :eek: ... everyone dropped out of the subject...
Reply 29
Coolraj
there are only 4 people left in my maths class :eek: ... everyone dropped out of the subject...

Not suprised. Maths is horrible and I will not be going to the A2 lessons that are supposed to be starting next week :wink:

Thanks for the input btw. Just gotta' wait now and see what my school say :smile:
darryladie
So is mine and there is only one girl in the whole year doing it.

My sociology class is 2 guys (inc. me) : 12 girls :wink:

At the beginning of our year, there where 13 boys, and 2 girls. after 2 lessons, there were just 11 boys remaining, the retention rate for the subject must have been terrible for that time period :smile:
If you take A2 be warned, don't waste any time getting stuck in with you project, try and get it done early and then get stick in with the theory. Get the P.Heathcote book and swallow it. Read it! Learn it! You will be fine.
Reply 32
We ended up doing our A2 project for nearly every week except 2 weeks or so before the jan exam then started again straight away and started cpt5 not long ago....i think this was the best way as you can get a good grade in your coursework and not have to worry as much...
And to the person saying about maths, have you done decision maths? because that is the best maths ive done (it reminds me of computing) you just follow algorithms and draw weird graphs (only linear programming looks like a real graph...what they say are graphs look like spider diagrams)

Latest

Trending

Trending