The Student Room Group

Any A grade achievers in AS edexcel English Lang/lit?

I've just picked up AS lang/lit and I am in desperate need of tips for writing a commentary for my coursework piece. I achieved a C on my first draft. The commentary takes up the majority of the marks and that is where my flaw is. Please does anyone have tips or examples on how to achieve more on the commentary. I achieved a B in my mock exam so I am fairly decent with the exam but if you have any tips on how to achieve an A please can you let me know!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by firmfrank
I've just picked up AS lang/lit and I am in desperate need of tips for writing a commentary for my coursework piece. I achieved a C on my first draft. The commentary takes up the majority of the marks and that is where my flaw is. Please does anyone have tips or examples on how to achieve more on the commentary. I achieved a B in my mock exam so I am fairly decent with the exam but if you have any tips on how to achieve an A please can you let me know!!

TSRs sister site www.markedbyteachers.com may be able to help you here. This site has thousands of pieces of student work and many of which are analysed by teachers and A* students giving feedback on the approach and key arguments.

Hope this helps

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I did this last year and got an A overall, would you like me to send you an example of one of the commentary's i wrote?
Reply 3
Original post by homousandfalafel
I did this last year and got an A overall, would you like me to send you an example of one of the commentary's i wrote?

That would be really helpful

Can you please send it to me as well? I am struggling to write a good commentary. I also got a C for my first draft but I want to improve it. Thanks:smile:
Original post by thearticfox22
Can you please send it to me as well? I am struggling to write a good commentary. I also got a C for my first draft but I want to improve it. Thanks:smile:

There you go i have attatched it :smile:
That would be really helpful

Here you go, hope this will help.
Reply 7
Here you go, hope this will help.

thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending