The Student Room Group

Johnson's holiday skin body lotion

I got this and tried it a couple of times. Each time I use it, a little while after applying it, it all starts to come off in clumps..I don't really know how to describe it but if i rub my skin after using it, it all goes into little clumps like rubber bits after you rub something out...

Eek does this make sense to anyone?? Is it normal? have I just not exfoliated enough?...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah, it happens to me if I haven't used it for a while. Try using a body scrub in the shower to exfoliate before applying it, or just try another summer lotion as Johnson's smells rank.
Reply 2
yeh the same thing happens to me. Make sure you exfoliate before
Yeah I think it happens to everyone. Personally, I'd go for another lotion - the Johnson's one isn't that great.
Reply 4
Yeah I think it happens to everyone. Personally, I'd go for another lotion - the Johnson's one isn't that great.

Just curious- what other one would you recommend then? Was thinking of getting the Johnson's stuff or something similar to try n get rid of my 'milkbottle' look before summer!:p:
Reply 5
my friend told me the nivea sunkissed one is nice, and yeh i herd that johnsons one is crap aswell, thank god i dont need fake tan........
Reply 6
I've used the Nivea one & its quite gd
centime
Just curious- what other one would you recommend then? Was thinking of getting the Johnson's stuff or something similar to try n get rid of my 'milkbottle' look before summer!:p:

I've heard good things about the Garnier one, but I haven't personally tried it. I use St.Tropez every couple of weeks rather than use the gradual build-up moisturisers/lotions.
My foundation does this, so annoying! Garnier and Dove seem to be quite highly recommended.
I've got the Garnier one and it smells really nice. I haven't used it enough to see what the results are though.
centime
Just curious- what other one would you recommend then?

Garnier Summer Body. It does what it says in on the bottle with the added bonus of smelling nice, which the others don't.
Reply 11
Does anyone else find they end up with streaks?? Or is it just me who can't put it on right?
I've not really had any problems with the Johnson's one. Just the occasional streak on my legs.
button16
Does anyone else find they end up with streaks?? Or is it just me who can't put it on right?

I did when i used the johnsons 1 :frown:
i think its the overnight one, the face one's been ok
Reply 14
i think the johnsons one is good! ive got a luvly colour from it and if u rub it in properly without rushing it doesnt streak. the only reason a tanning moisturiser will streak is because of how it is applied.
Reply 15
ive had some real issues with this as well... just cant seem to get it to go on right :confused:
Reply 16
ive found that its worked really well...you have to make sure that u rub it all in well though or you will get some faint streaks
Reply 17
Yes. The bits that come off do so if you haven't exfoliated. Apply it after shaving and all will be well.

I'm not wildly impressed with Johnson's, though. Think maybe I'll try Nivea. Am all streaky even though I spent AGES applying it...the colour seems to develop differently in different places. Also it does smell a bit...foody. Quite nice, but not for a body lotion.
Reply 18
Has anyone tried the L'Oreal (I think) spray stuff that's meant to go on smoothly without any streaks and slowly builds up?
Reply 19
girl afraid
Yeah, it happens to me if I haven't used it for a while. Try using a body scrub in the shower to exfoliate before applying it, or just try another summer lotion as Johnson's smells rank.

Do you think? I think it smells yummy.

My ones been good...I'm looking tanned to the max. Yayness! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending