The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Animal science

Anyone doing/starting animal science this September? Got an unconditional (now firmed) and cannot wait! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm probably going to firm my conditional, depending on how Liverpool seems to me on an open day
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Are you applying for animal sci at Liverpool too? I am really looking forward to the visit day on the 20th :smile: what are your conditions (if you don't mind me asking)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
No biological and medical sciences at Liverpool, going to visit next Saturday and both Liverpool and Nottingham are ABB but I reckon ill definitely get that
Reply 4
Sounds good, where do you think you'll firm? I had originally applied for vet med but they offered me a course transfer to animal science (as they rejected me for vet med) which was unconditional so I firmed it (already having 3 rejections) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Same for me - applied for Vetmed for the first time, got all rejections apart from my last ditch backup (the Liverpool course), got offered a transfer by Nottingham. So now having to choose between another year of work experience, animal science, or Liverpool but right now I'm really excited about Nottingham so I'm thinking that
Reply 6
The phrase "every cloud has a silver lining" really applies here I think :smile: I love the look of the animal science course and the module options too, are you going to a ucas visit day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I went to Nottingham a couple of weeks ago and I'm going to Liverpool next week but I think I already have my heart set on Nottingham since the other course sounds very clinical and chemistryish which I don't think I'd enjoy

Posted from TSR Mobile
well if you are still wanting to do veterinary, I know one of my classmates who took animal science then as she did so well was able to get onto the Vet course at Nottingham after she graduated from AS :smile:

xx
Reply 9
Would you say it's better to do another course like this and reapply/go into a different area of work than to gamble on reapplying after another year's work experience - my cousin was rejected from vet schools the first year she applied but got onto one the second time around but I don't want to wait another year, or even two years for no reason
Reply 10
I've waited for two years and I must admit I've regretted leaving it so long, I've seen all of my friends go off to uni but I haven't and struggled to get work exp alongside a full time job (to save monies for uni) I'm glad that I applied but should have done it sooner :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Yeah it's really difficult to get placements round here too without revisiting places over and over. Would definitely prefer to go to uni this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Just visited Liverpool - def going to firm Nottingham now :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by woolass
Just visited Liverpool - def going to firm Nottingham now :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yaaaaayyyyyyy!! :biggrin: what was Liverpool like? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
The labs seemed similar but there was a much much bigger focus on biochemistry and disease biology which I'm not interested in, the accommodation was a lot cheaper than at Sutton bonnington but the rooms were tiny and I don't like the idea of a city campus

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Cool, what are you thinking of accomodation wise? When do you think you'll firm? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Firmed earlier today and definitely going in halls, would like an en suite but if I don't manage to get one I'll be fine sharing - mum likes the idea of those ones you get for a 30 something week contract instead of the 44 week one but I'm not sure :smile:
Reply 17
It sounds good but I don't think I fancy coming home and all my friends round here are all still at uni - doesn't help that there is absolutely nothing to do where I live, never mind holiday jobs! :frown:
HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I also applied for vet med and didnt get in. But really liking the look now of animal science and from what i have read those who want to go vet school have got in so thats nice :smile:. Theres also many other animal career stuff that it leads to so I think im gona choose animal science over biovet. Are you all planning to stay at sutton bonnington - ov its convinient , but ive read that its isolated etc and you only get food in the evenings mon to fri . I cant cook!!!!!!! :colondollar:
Reply 19
Original post by charlotte95
HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I also applied for vet med and didnt get in. But really liking the look now of animal science and from what i have read those who want to go vet school have got in so thats nice :smile:. Theres also many other animal career stuff that it leads to so I think im gona choose animal science over biovet. Are you all planning to stay at sutton bonnington - ov its convinient , but ive read that its isolated etc and you only get food in the evenings mon to fri . I cant cook!!!!!!! :colondollar:

The course does look AMAZING :smile: the modules look so varied so you can literally do what you want to :smile: yeah I've booked a standard room in bonington halls, I went on a visit day the other week and everyone was saying that there is stuff to do on campus as well as the city, the bus to and from Nottingham to sb is free to students and taxis are cheap enough if you share :smile: have you booked accommodation yet? Which part of the world/britain are you from? Soooooo excited :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending