The Student Room Group

University changin decision...

Hi,

I applied for a Computer Science course at Loughborough University but unfortunately I got rejected. The reason that was stated by the university is that my prior Mathematics qualification are below required minimum, as I do not have the required GCSE Mathematics Grade B. I only have a Functional Skills Maths level 2 qualification.

I moved from Germany to the U.K about four years ago and did not get the chance to visit a school since I was too old, so I was unable to do any of the GCSE exam. When I left Germany, I was in grade 9 at that time so I did not have the chance to do the german equivalent of GCSE either.

I did some research and found out that I can take the GCSE Mathematics exam in May or June through a tuition service that one of my mathematics tutors from my college runs.

I emailed the university regarding this asking whether they would change their decision and provide me a conditional offer based on achieving a math gcse at grade B or higher.

Now my question is, how high are the chances that the university will change their decision and provide me with a conditional offer?

Thank you
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
It's impossible for anyone to say. You just need to wait and see.

Sent from my GT-S5363

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending