The Student Room Group

Does it even sound as a true?

Okay, so I've just recently found a job which sounds to be good but just interested in others' opinions either it's real or something is hidden within it.

We are looking for permanent cruise ship staff with various job roles available. These include maintenance operators, cleaners, bar staff, waiters/waitresses, receptionists, customer service, child carers and entertainment managers, general managers and safety officers.

Some of these roles require no experience as full training will be provided and others require experience within a similar role but not necessarily on a cruise ship.

You will receive free accommodation, food and drink as well as all transportation costs paid for. You will be working 6 days a week for 6 months but will then receive 3 months paid holiday before embarking on another 6 months.

Salaries are very good and the training provided is excellent, not forgetting the opportunity to travel and see new countries.

It seems a good chance to apply but don't want to be cheated on as when I've entered the company's name in Google, I didn't get any specific results, only various other results, nothing about the company itself though.
Reply 1
name of the company?
Reply 2
Original post by F257
name of the company?

WOTO
Reply 3
It's all very well them saying that salaries are very good, but that's not the reputation that cruise ship pay has. I also think it's pretty hard work as you are on the boat all the time, so even on your days off you are likely to be recognised by passengers and asked for assistance.

But you might as well as for more information, can't do any harm.
Reply 4
Original post by Crumpet1
It's all very well them saying that salaries are very good, but that's not the reputation that cruise ship pay has. I also think it's pretty hard work as you are on the boat all the time, so even on your days off you are likely to be recognised by passengers and asked for assistance.

But you might as well as for more information, can't do any harm.

But the problem is that there's no information about the company and no details to contact them. Only found an address on the google but yet not sure if it's that company's address.
I used to work for a shipping company... This is really good actually!! You get a day off a week!! I used to work 7 days a week for 3 months at a time... Yes they do pay for everything and the wages tend to be ok plus you get to see the world without having to pay!!

However, it is hard work and a long time away, so just think about that... but yeap, the ad seems legit!
Reply 6
Original post by MidnightShadow
I used to work for a shipping company... This is really good actually!! You get a day off a week!! I used to work 7 days a week for 3 months at a time... Yes they do pay for everything and the wages tend to be ok plus you get to see the world without having to pay!!

However, it is hard work and a long time away, so just think about that... but yeap, the ad seems legit!

Oh, thanks :smile: Already applied, even though have no experience for the position I've applied but since they offer training, that's good. I just hope me and my uni colleague, we both get accepted for the job out there :smile:
Reply 7
I dont see how its too good, I mean people do work on cruise ships thats not a lie, and its not that appealing considering your away from home and live on a boat.
Reply 8
Original post by ForgetMe
Oh, thanks :smile: Already applied, even though have no experience for the position I've applied but since they offer training, that's good. I just hope me and my uni colleague, we both get accepted for the job out there :smile:

Did you get the job?
Reply 9
Original post by a729
Did you get the job?

They contacted me to arrange an interview but I was still unsure so didn't contact them.
Reply 10
Original post by ForgetMe
They contacted me to arrange an interview but I was still unsure so didn't contact them.

Better safe than sorry I guess lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending