The Student Room Group

does anyone else on here have 9 or more exams this summer?

i have 9 and its ridiculously overwhelming. and have 2 on the same day at the same time so i have to do one straight after the other :|

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Yup - I have at least 8, maybe 9 exams - one of the ways in which I find it less overwhelming is just comparing it with the number of exams I had for my GCSEs - also that I'm doing subjects I find so interesting that I don't really mind the pressure :wink:
Reply 2
Last year at AS I had 9, including 4 exams scheduled for the morning of the same day. I went into isolation over lunch. 6 hours of AS exams that day. Literally don't know how I managed to stay alive.
Reply 3
Original post by lou_100
Last year at AS I had 9, including 4 exams scheduled for the morning of the same day. I went into isolation over lunch. 6 hours of AS exams that day. Literally don't know how I managed to stay alive.

Isn't there a thing where you can sign a contract and do the fourth exam the following morning?
Reply 4
Original post by Secretnerd123
i have 9 and its ridiculously overwhelming. and have 2 on the same day at the same time so i have to do one straight after the other :|

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn..I have 5, my thoughts and prayers go out to you...:smile:
If I need to re-sit the two exams I sat in January, I will have nine exams this summer :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Original post by senz72
Isn't there a thing where you can sign a contract and do the fourth exam the following morning?

I think that's if the total time of the 4 exams comes to over a certain number, for which 6 hours didn't quite qualify. Theoretically an extra night would have been nice, but at the time I remember just wanting to get it over and done with. Anyway, it's done now and by some miracle I got alright results in those papers.
Reply 7
Original post by senz72

Only if the exams add up to more than 6 hours.
I have 9 too this summer, assuming I don't have to retake any of the January exams.
Last year I had loads... I had three really long exams (including a 2.5 hour French one :'( )all on the same day and college wanted me to stay over at a teachers house overnight to sit the Critical Thinking exam on the Saturday morning! I said no (it was only critical thinking!), they luckily let me sit them all on the same day! It was pretty stressful though, my hands were killing me by the end!
Reply 9
I had 9 AS exams last year, stressful to say the least but it was fine in the end :smile: got 6 A2 exams this summer- eek!
Reply 10
I have ten :unimpressed:
Reply 11
Summer 2013 will be:

Maths
1.C1
2.C2
3.M1

Biology
4.F211
5.F212

Physics
6.G491
7.G492

Chemsitry
8.Unit1
9.Unit2

As you can hopefully see, I have labeled and colour coordinated 9 modules . This means I have 9 exams :afraid:

Come at me braaaaa

EDIT: Since when did people start getting negged for colour coding
information?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by lou_100
I think that's if the total time of the 4 exams comes to over a certain number, for which 6 hours didn't quite qualify. Theoretically an extra night would have been nice, but at the time I remember just wanting to get it over and done with. Anyway, it's done now and by some miracle I got alright results in those papers.

Original post by Data
Only if the exams add up to more than 6 hours.

Sorry guys! :colondollar:

I heard that in the olden days, teachers or exam supervisors took you their house or you slept in school. Not sure if this is true but it's pretty weird.
Reply 13
Yes, I have 9 in Summer, I am SO stressed out! I've got chem5, bio5, bio2 and 4 core and 2 stats exams because I'm resitting AS Maths because I didn't get the grades I wanted last year. I've started revising now but already after a week I feel I've taken too much on and I'm never going to get through it, omg stress is not the word right now :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Reply 14
9 maths exams :laugh:
Original post by Secretnerd123

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had 10 in January, I had 3 exams on one day :tongue:

I've got 7 this summer, so not quite as bad.
Reply 16
do not get me started....

my chem department always enter you to resit everything, so thats 4 for starters. same for physics, so another 4

maths wise i have.... S1, S2, FP1, FP2, FP3, C4, M2.

15 exams. thankfully, no 2 on the same day....

starting on may 17th, finishing june 24th.
Original post by lou_100

I had the exact same thing. Four exams in one day, isolation all day! The worst part about it was if one of my exams had been 1 minute longer i could have taken one the next day! Go us for surviving that!
Original post by imnotanewb
do not get me started....

my chem department always enter you to resit everything, so thats 4 for starters. same for physics, so another 4

maths wise i have.... S1, S2, FP1, FP2, FP3, C4, M2.

15 exams. thankfully, no 2 on the same day....

starting on may 17th, finishing june 24th.

omg and heres me feeling sorry for myself! wishing you the very best of luck!!! mine start may 22nd end june 17

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have 9 exams so far, could possibly be more if I have to resit anything after getting my January results!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest