The Student Room Group

Research Methods / Design, Execution, Analysis / Statistics modules.........

Hi :smile:

We all have Research methodsy modules at some point, and in my experience, a lot of undergrads seem to hate these modules. Do you think that's true in general? What are your thoughts about them?

Magdatrix :biggrin:
Reply 1
I am currently doing psychology A level and I love research methods. However, everyone else in my class does hate it. I think it's just because if the maths/stats involved, that some people find hard to understand. I'm doing further maths as well though, which is probably why I love it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jenna76484
I am currently doing psychology A level and I love research methods. However, everyone else in my class does hate it. I think it's just because if the maths/stats involved, that some people find hard to understand. I'm doing further maths as well though, which is probably why I love it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it was similar when I did A-level too. I wonder if statistics is the thing that puts people off? Personally I've never exactly 'loved' stats, but I don't hate it either, and I don't find stats scary as some people seem to...I wonder if people who are more into maths are more into research methods...
Reply 3
[QUOTE=Magdatrix >_

Before our last exam, everyone in my class was hoping that the research methods section of it would focus heavily on experimental design, ethical issues and basically anything that wasn't stats. We spent about three weeks straight just revising different stats tests and people were still mixing them up. I think people expect stats to be hard because its like maths and this is why they don't like it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending