The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No don't ditch the religion it's not even a sin
Reply 21
Well I'm Muslim girl and I have a crush (who knows I like him) on a Christian boy his names Alex and always tries impressing me but I'm scared I can't marry him due to religion but I will cherish the time I have with him
Allah isn't going to kill you for being with someone who is clearly a cool AF dude. Put your perceived barriers aside and make your feelings known.

EDIT: LOL just realised how old this thread is.
(edited 8 years ago)
To be honest, I am going through the same thing. I am a Pakistani Muslim girl in Grade 7/ Year 8 and I have this huge crush on this Non - Muslim boy in my class. Many people think he likes me and have asked him but most of them aren't sure. He blushes when asked but is now depressed because of my friends. What I a going to do is tell him the truth and what I feel. I will patiently ask him for his opinion and not pressurise him. I will hear his opinion and just become friends. Even if to you it is unfortunate that you can't make any moves to develop the relationship between you both, be honest and he will like you for that whether it's as a friend or closer.
Good luck! :smile:
It's not a sin to be attractived to anyone whether they are Muslim or not but it's only a sin if you get into a relationship
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a 17 years old Muslim girl and at sixth form school.Anyway, I am getting bullied by these chavvy girls(I still don't know how they got into 6th form) but this white non-Muslim guy always looks out for me and stands up for me.For example, every time the girl drops the pen on the floor she screams at me to "pick it up or I'm going to smash your face in!! " The girls are really tall and I'm only short ,plus they have a group of friends in the same class even the teachers are scared of them, so just to stay on the safe side I used to pick the pens up but the guy used to tell me "don't pick it up" and he tells them off for bullying me because they called me "paki" and stuff.If it wasn't for him they'd probably had battered me by now.He has a lot of respect in the School.

Also, when I walk into class he smiles at me, and he pulls my chair out for me. He is super friendly and very polite.But still, although I could see he is goodlooking and friendly I'd never been attracted to him.I'm always careful with getting too close to a guy,whether Muslim or not.I just used to see him as a nice guy.

But the other day, he sat next to me since he was struggling with his assignment and he had gorgeous blue eyes, I hadn't noticed this before. We talked throughout the lesson and he smells so good. I'm not sure but I think I have a crush on him.

Who knows, maybe I've got it all wrong and he doesn't even look at me that way, only trying to be friendly and nice to me but I can't help it, I really fancy him now??

Yet, at the same time I feel so guilty?? I don't want to commit a sin or anything.The thing is I can't really avoid him because I see him at school everyday.This is so weird I'd never fancied a guy before, well certainly not a non-Muslim boy.

Has religion ever been brought up between the both of you's in a conversation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
having a crush on someone isn't a sin, no matter if they're muslim or not. what's important is that you stay within the islamic boundaries of not being in a relationship with anyone before marriage, and that's just our belief. no need to be salty.
Original post by Hadouken
Committing a sin for being attracted to a someone!? FFS! I'm so glad i'm not a muslim

having a crush on someone who isn't muslim is completely allowed, we're completely human after all. we just have to stay within the islamic boundaries of not engaging in a relationship before marriage. no need to be salty.
God is real. Christian Muslim Jew are all children of Abraham. God gave us rules for a happy safe life and future. We all have culture. Learning our own culture and where it differs from God's loving advice is important for our best earthly experience. It would be foolish to disregard good advice from God also it can affect other peoples lives.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a 17 years old Muslim girl and at sixth form school.Anyway, I am getting bullied by these chavvy girls(I still don't know how they got into 6th form) but this white non-Muslim guy always looks out for me and stands up for me.For example, every time the girl drops the pen on the floor she screams at me to "pick it up or I'm going to smash your face in!! " The girls are really tall and I'm only short ,plus they have a group of friends in the same class even the teachers are scared of them, so just to stay on the safe side I used to pick the pens up but the guy used to tell me "don't pick it up" and he tells them off for bullying me because they called me "paki" and stuff.If it wasn't for him they'd probably had battered me by now.He has a lot of respect in the School.

Also, when I walk into class he smiles at me, and he pulls my chair out for me. He is super friendly and very polite.But still, although I could see he is goodlooking and friendly I'd never been attracted to him.I'm always careful with getting too close to a guy,whether Muslim or not.I just used to see him as a nice guy.

But the other day, he sat next to me since he was struggling with his assignment and he had gorgeous blue eyes, I hadn't noticed this before. We talked throughout the lesson and he smells so good. I'm not sure but I think I have a crush on him.

Who knows, maybe I've got it all wrong and he doesn't even look at me that way, only trying to be friendly and nice to me but I can't help it, I really fancy him now??

Yet, at the same time I feel so guilty?? I don't want to commit a sin or anything.The thing is I can't really avoid him because I see him at school everyday.This is so weird I'd never fancied a guy before, well certainly not a non-Muslim boy.

So sorry that you were bullied, those girls are are really mean.

As for the guy, just become friends with him. Talk with him and figure out if your views would clash and disrupt your friendship. Try to figure out if you guys can make a friendship work with differences in views.

Making a friend is not a sin, get there first.
Original post by DopplerEffect
So sorry that you were bullied, those girls are are really mean.

As for the guy, just become friends with him. Talk with him and figure out if your views would clash and disrupt your friendship. Try to figure out if you guys can make a friendship work with differences in views.

Making a friend is not a sin, get there first.

Hi there.

I think you're both still quite new to TSR so welcome.

Please look at the date of the first/last post of the thread and respond accordingly. This thread was started 8 years ago and hasn't been active for years.

Many thanks :smile:

Original post by JaniceBT
God is real. Christian Muslim Jew are all children of Abraham. God gave us rules for a happy safe life and future. We all have culture. Learning our own culture and where it differs from God's loving advice is important for our best earthly experience. It would be foolish to disregard good advice from God also it can affect other peoples lives.

Latest

Trending

Trending