The Student Room Group

Want to lose face fat..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ZRO
Whats your height? I'm guessing your BMI is pretty low already, so instead of focusing on losing weight, focus on lowering your body fat. There is a difference between the two

How do I lose body fat then. I think I'm eating too much carbs which I don't use as I'm not active which then is stored as fat so I'm going to reduce my carb intake

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by The_Blade
How do I lose body fat then. I think I'm eating too much carbs which I don't use as I'm not active which then is stored as fat so I'm going to reduce my carb intake

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok so you need to firstly sort your diet out. Cut all the crap, no soda, no junk. Drink only water. Substitute brown rice for white rice, eat wholemeal etc. Now you also need to be active. I suggest working out every day, one day strength training, other day cardio.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by ZRO
Ok so you need to firstly sort your diet out. Cut all the crap, no soda, no junk. Drink only water. Substitute brown rice for white rice, eat wholemeal etc. Now you also need to be active. I suggest working out every day, one day strength training, other day cardio.

Posted from TSR Mobile

as an azn i eat white rice 5-6 times a week. Im plannig to half to portions i normally have and is it possible to lose bf without cardio? i mean i already have football training on wed and have a match on sunday but i dont think thats enough. im 137.4lb and 5'6
Reply 23
Original post by Blueray2
You could try becoming really skinny which would make your whole body and thus your face skinny, but that is bad, as your whole body would be skinny, you want to be healthy, to be honest, its fine. Leave it be :smile:

Doesn't really work that way, i'm ridiculously skinny and have a pretty fat face
Original post by scotttb
Doesn't really work that way, i'm ridiculously skinny and have a pretty fat face

When I said that I meant as in an extreme way, ie literally starving, but like I said it's crazy doing that.
Reply 25
as an azn i eat white rice 5-6 times a week. Im plannig to half to portions i normally have and is it possible to lose bf without cardio? i mean i already have football training on wed and have a match on sunday but i dont think thats enough. im 137.4lb and 5'6

I'm azn to but we use basmati rice which is healthier. Try and buy brown rice if possible though if that is your main meal. Uhmm I'd recommend doing on the days you are not training, 40 minutes at a good pace on a treadmill or stationary exercise bike. If you can't do 40 minutes, start at 20 and build up. You could try HIIT but if your a beginner I wouldn't advise it. And I calculated your BMI to be 22.1 so you could afford to lose about 10lbs and have a nice BMI of 20.5 which can be attained through a 500 calorie deficit on top of your training. Let me know if you need any more advice/help.
Reply 26
I plan to reduce my carb intake so my body uses fat as its main energy source and hopefully the fat on my belly and face will gradually disappear.

If reducing carb intake doesn't reduce my face fat i am hopeless because im 137lb eating 1500-2kcals a day and if I have a 500cal deficit it would be considered unhealthy.

i pretty much eat the same food everyday and the carb rich food i normally have a day are 3 bannanas, 2 slices of bread and some rice.

now I have reduced it to some rice and 1 bannana.

how long will it take to see a difference in my face?
I plan to reduce my carb intake so my body uses fat as its main energy source and hopefully the fat on my belly and face will gradually disappear.

If reducing carb intake doesn't reduce my face fat i am hopeless because im 137lb eating 1500-2kcals a day and if I have a 500cal deficit it would be considered unhealthy.

i pretty much eat the same food everyday and the carb rich food i normally have a day are 3 bannanas, 2 slices of bread and some rice.

Reducing your calorie intake means your body will feed off fat reserves- not reducing your carb intake specifically.

You cannot spot reduce fat. Nobody can tell you when you'll see a difference in your face. There's a chance you'd see it right away, or the chance that it will forever remain the same size.
Reply 28
I read somewhere that drinking alcohol encourages your body to store fat on your face. I'm not sure why this is the case, and unfortunately cannot remember the source of that information.
Original post by Lucia.
I read somewhere that drinking alcohol encourages your body to store fat on your face. I'm not sure why this is the case, and unfortunately cannot remember the source of that information.

Let me know if you ever remember, I'd be interested to read that. But regardless of whether it's true or not, alcohol is usually quite calorific (depending on what you drink) so cutting back can help a lot!
Reply 30

Why dont you just do cardio... or gain more muscle....
Reply 31
Original post by Tbx
Why dont you just do cardio... or gain more muscle....

havn't got time for cardio apart from football training and i resistant train 3x a week.
Reply 32
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Let me know if you ever remember, I'd be interested to read that. But regardless of whether it's true or not, alcohol is usually quite calorific (depending on what you drink) so cutting back can help a lot!

I can't remember where I read it but I've seen it touted by various sources. It's possibly an effect which results from only excessive alcohol consumption - not sure what a moderate intake would do. Will definitely let you know if find something about it.

Oh I know exactly what you mean! Even if I try and limit my calorie intake on a night-out, it's really quite difficult. Recently, I read something in the paper about young women who eat very little during the week to create enough of a calorie deficit for a Friday night binge. I can see how my medium-to-high calorie intake plus a lot of drinking caused me to gain about 40lbs over 5 years.

OP, I'm not sure why you were negged for the post. I actually have the same concern as you because I have a slightly chubby face. I have worked out that it's genetic so there isn't much I can really do about it without plastic surgery. All I can think is to get my body fat percentage as low as is healthy, which is what I'm presently working on. When I looked at your picture, I didn't think your face was particularly fatty. It really wouldn't be something I would notice on a guy's face to be honest.

I have a few other ideas though. You could try and limit the amount of sodium in your diet as sodium encourages water retention. It's not that difficult to control sodium levels if you eat a lot of clean unprocessed food.
(edited 11 years ago)
What's been said already is good-losing fat generally will help.
If you have a naturally round face though, as someone else said-you can be thin and still keep the general face shape.
A different perspective and one I've got personal experience with, is people with 'fat' faces tend to age much better so be grateful for what nature gave you!
As we age, our faces lose fat and gravity causes the facial tissue to 'droop' which is why older people have prominent 'smile lines' and 'marionette lines' around their nose and mouth . People who naturally store more fat in their faces, are affected less by this as the 'droop' isn't so prominent given the wider the face shape and the loss of fat in the face not mattering as much, as there was more fat there in the first place.
When I was young I HATED my fat face!Hated it!Even when I lost a LOAD of weight and was underweight for time, my face was still round and I felt fat because of it.
Now I'm older , and still getting asked for ID and still have great skin, I'm very glad I have a chubby face!lol.
Reply 34
Maybe its the fact that Im 16 that I have chubby cheeks. I just have to wait I guess.

also, how do I lose belly fat without cardio?
(edited 11 years ago)
Maybe its the fact that Im 16 that I have chubby cheeks. I just have to wait I guess.

also, how do I lose belly fat without cardio?

Listen bruh if you want any real advice then TSR is the wrong place, this place is full of geeks that will neg if you aren't nice and polite like a little *****, i only come here for college questions

If you wanna get a lean face then you need a low body-fat percentage, but obviously you don't wanna be skinny so make sure you workout and try and go for the lean muscular look,

Spoiler

Once your 6 pack starts showing then you're on the right path.

Since it's impossible to just lose fat only on your face face you need to start doing cardio. High-intensity interval training are the most effective (look it up). I will literally takes less than 10 minutes a day

Then when it comes to diet, eliminate carbs and sugar.
You body uses carbohydrate as a source of energy, if it doesn't find it then it will use fat as a source of energy meaning that your BF% becomes lower. I know you asian people love rice (lol n/r) but that **** is HIGGH in carbs, so try and find an alternative. No bread,rice,pasta,grans etc, just try this for 4 weeks and you'll see noticeable results.

As i've mentioned before make sure you're working out while doing this so that you don't become lanky and so that you can get a lean muscular look with defined jaws.

Oh yeah also join bodybuilding forum for BroScience lol

Peace!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by CoolStoryBroo
Listen bruh if you want any real advice then TSR is the wrong place, this place is full of geeks that will neg if you aren't nice and polite like a little *****, i only come here for college questions

If you wanna get a lean face then you need a low body-fat percentage, but obviously you don't wanna be skinny so make sure you workout and try and go for the lean muscular look,

Spoiler

Once your 6 pack starts showing then you're on the right path.

Since it's impossible to just lose fat only on your face face you need to start doing cardio. High-intensity interval training are the most effective (look it up). I will literally takes less than 10 minutes a day

Then when it comes to diet, eliminate carbs and sugar.
You body uses carbohydrate as a source of energy, if it doesn't find it then it will use fat as a source of energy meaning that your BF% becomes lower. I know you asian people love rice (lol n/r) but that **** is HIGGH in carbs, so try and find an alternative. No bread,rice,pasta,grans etc, just try this for 4 weeks and you'll see noticeable results.

As i've mentioned before make sure you're working out while doing this so that you don't become lanky and so that you can get a lean muscular look with defined jaws.

Oh yeah also join bodybuilding forum for BroScience lol

Peace!

cheers brah! Ill look into hiit now :smile:

yeah I intended to use this forum for education but I got kinda bored so I use it for everything. also Im on bb.com and askscooby forum.

so far im finding it hard to not eat food high in carbs. its hard finding food high in protein/fat but low in carbs
(edited 11 years ago)
cheers brah! Ill look into hiit now :smile:

yeah I intended to use this forum for education but I got kinda bored so I use it for everything. also Im on bb.com and askscooby forum.

so far im finding it hard to not eat food high in carbs. its hard finding food high in protein/fat but low in carbs

I'm also currently doing what you're doing to get a leaner body. Started about 4 weeks ago and i've lost 3kg by just doing 15 minutes of HIIT everyday with low carbs, noticed that my face has gotten a bit leaner aswell

It's hard to find alternatives to bread & rice since that's pretty much what everyone eats but for breakfast i have stir fry and since it's impossible to completely cut out carbs i just try and stay under 40g of carbs per day meaning that i can have 1-2 slices of bread once in a while depending on what else i've eaten that day.

Skipping also helps, i do it for about 10 minutes after HIIT
Reply 38
Original post by CoolStoryBroo
I'm also currently doing what you're doing to get a leaner body. Started about 4 weeks ago and i've lost 3kg by just doing 15 minutes of HIIT everyday with low carbs, noticed that my face has gotten a bit leaner aswell

It's hard to find alternatives to bread & rice since that's pretty much what everyone eats but for breakfast i have stir fry and since it's impossible to completely cut out carbs i just try and stay under 40g of carbs per day meaning that i can have 1-2 slices of bread once in a while depending on what else i've eaten that day.

Skipping also helps, i do it for about 10 minutes after HIIT

This is my plan for fat loss. Also since I cutted out the carbs more bench has gone down from 74 to 69kg :frown: iv also taken picture of my abs to compare the before and after pictures. Will take another pic after 8 weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Cut.
Lift 4 times a week,cardio 2.
lower your calorie expenditure and eat more protein.

Quick Reply

Latest