The Student Room Group

US undergrad looking to apply to medical school in UK/EU

So I'm currently an undergrad student in the US. And definitely considering applying to a medical program either in the UK/EU, maybe both...and I know, I know, if I study medicine abroad, I will have a much harder time getting residency in the US, and right now, that's not the biggest issue...I don't even know if I would end up working in the US. My main goal would be to just get accepted at a credible institution that wouldn't look like crap once I get a medical degree.

So does anyone know if there's a general website where I can access information about GPA/MCAT scores/international qualifications/tuition? These are really the things that I'm most worried about atm.

Sorry that this is so long-winded, I hope someone has any info :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by bielskute
So I'm currently an undergrad student in the US. And definitely considering applying to a medical program either in the UK/EU, maybe both...and I know, I know, if I study medicine abroad, I will have a much harder time getting residency in the US, and right now, that's not the biggest issue...I don't even know if I would end up working in the US. My main goal would be to just get accepted at a credible institution that wouldn't look like crap once I get a medical degree.

So does anyone know if there's a general website where I can access information about GPA/MCAT scores/international qualifications/tuition? These are really the things that I'm most worried about atm.

Sorry that this is so long-winded, I hope someone has any info :smile:

This wiki is a good place to start: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine

All medical schools in the UK are well respected. You should probably be looking at the Graduate Entry Medicine guide as you're an undergrad student. International qualifications can be found on the individual university websites. There isn't a resource that I know of which has all of that information compiled (there are simply too many qualifications). Hope that helps for now. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending