The Student Room Group

A-Level Psychology?!

Does a level psychology have a lot to do with the brain and biology, or is it more to do with social behaviour, because I'm not that great at biology...

Simran x
Original post by XsimstarX
Does a level psychology have a lot to do with the brain and biology, or is it more to do with social behaviour, because I'm not that great at biology...

Simran x

Hey!

I've only just started A2, so I can't tell you what it is like for the whole course :smile: AS wasn't a lot of Biology, there was a bit of biology in stress(compared to the other topics) but stress is easy enough to grasp the concept of if you just keep going over it :smile: I'd say AS is mostly socially based, and nothing to worry about. In A2, depending on what topics you choose, sleep has quite a bit of biology and can be a bit difficult, but it really isn't that bad( so far!) But this all depends on what exam board you are on :smile: To put it another way, I got an E on AS Biology and I'm doing absolutely fine :biggrin: Hopefully I'm geting an A at the end of the year and going to University to do Psychology :biggrin: In my opinion, it really is a great subject(although I'm a bit biased #PsychologyGeek:colondollar:) x

There is a little bit of brain, but not too much! For AS you will do Short term/long term memory, so you will do about the hippocampus, and a bit later you will do about neurotransmitters e.t.c(in AQA anyway) but it really isn't that bad, and is actually quite interesting! x
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Thanks, I was just worried about the whole biology part but I'm glad there's not too much, I much prefer the social behaviour side, I think I will pick it though because I think it would be really interesting :smile: x

Simran x
Original post by XsimstarX
Thanks, I was just worried about the whole biology part but I'm glad there's not too much, I much prefer the social behaviour side, I think I will pick it though because I think it would be really interesting :smile: x

Simran x

I wouldn't worry :smile: My biology knowledge is hopeless, I literally have no idea how i managed to even get an E in it . On AQA, it gets more into social psychology towards the end. Firstly you do the boring stuff, so Memory, research methods and stress :boring: but then you get onto social influence(conformity and obedience) and definitions of mental health, so it gets much more interesting and fun :biggrin: Nicole :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending