The Student Room Group

Am I so highly strung cause I'm a virgin?

I am so awkward around people and I keep talking incessantly to fill in the awkward silences and I keep trying hard to make people happy, I can't just sit there and chill.......I feel tense all over and I am always worrying about something, the anxiety takes over my life, I can't sleep and I am always stressy.

I don't literally mean the title but would having sex chill me out a bit? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Probably not the reason you're like that in all honesty.
Reply 2
Losing your virginity isn't really a life-changing moment in the sense its hyped up to be. It doesn't define you that much. Maybe there's another reason for you feeling tense?
Masturbation can help calm the nerves. But I don't think sex is the issue at hand. Get lots of exercise and eat as healthy as possible this should help to manage your anxiety.
Reply 4
Original post by rstar28
Losing your virginity isn't really a life-changing moment in the sense its hyped up to be. It doesn't define you that much. Maybe there's another reason for you feeling tense?

No but once I dated a guy and he really relaxed me in bed and I felt a lot calmer and at peace within myself after. Yeah there are other reasons but what I was trying to say was maybe me being a virgin is making it worse....maybe sex would help...
Reply 5
Definitely it would.
Immediately after I had sex i morfed into a super cool, charming, Barney Stinson esque character. I now have my own talk show and a mansion which i share with my 11 girlfriends.
Reply 6
Original post by bssjonny
Definitely it would.
Immediately after I had sex i morfed into a super cool, charming, Barney Stinson esque character. I now have my own talk show and a mansion which i share with my 11 girlfriends.

Lol :smile:

But seriously haha! It does relax people right? I thought it might help calm me down. I am very highly strung !!
Reply 7
What is it with people (especially virgins) and thinking sex is the answer to everything!?
Reply 8
Original post by JD95
You've seriously negged me for telling you that being a virgin isn't likely to be the reason behind this?..

haven't negged you, it wasn't me. I want to remain anon so I never neg people while anon incase they know who it is that's writing.

I am not sure why they negged you, you made a fair point.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Lol :smile:

But seriously haha! It does relax people right? I thought it might help calm me down. I am very highly strung !!

It may boost your confidence, but its not the root of your problem.
I would focus on trying to meet new people, join some clubs. Some are born with good social skills, others have to work on them throughout their lives.
Reply 10
Original post by bssjonny
It may boost your confidence, but its not the root of your problem.
I would focus on trying to meet new people, join some clubs. Some are born with good social skills, others have to work on them throughout their lives.

Deffo I know it's not the root of my problem but I do feel more mellow after kissing and hugging and other stuff (sadly all ive ever done) so maybe it will help...thank u
Dude, I'm pretty sure that having sex doesn't magically transform you into an outgoing, smooth-talking, calm people person.

As you say, you appear to have problems with anxiety. Exercise is probably your best solution for the moment, heck, even meditation if that's your thing.

Also, stop worrying what people think of you so much. It's not your responsibility to "make people happy", particularly if it's at the expense of your well-being. Put yourself ahead of others occasionally.

That's my two cents, hope that helps.
Reply 12
I'm not saying that. I am just saying it may take the edge off a little...
Reply 13
help?
Lets give it a go and find out :sexface:
Reply 15
Original post by College_Dropout
Lets give it a go and find out :sexface:

its got to that stage now where I wouldnt mind doing it with a random ..!
its got to that stage now where I wouldnt mind doing it with a random ..!

Your place or mine? :sexface:
Reply 17
No but once I dated a guy and he really relaxed me in bed and I felt a lot calmer and at peace within myself after. Yeah there are other reasons but what I was trying to say was maybe me being a virgin is making it worse....maybe sex would help...

Well... maybe you've convinced yourself psychologically that it does help, so it might for you. It could be a mixture of the attention and exercise that works for you. :smile:
Reply 18
One day you will realise that sex isn't the solution to all your problems.
Reply 19
If you've hyped it up a lot, it might be that which is the problem. I hyped it up to myself quite a bit-afterwards, I realised it was not such a big deal-pretty quickly helped me mellow out a lot around other people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending