The Student Room Group

Padded bras are silly

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bssjonny
Please read the original post carefully. Although it was ambiguous to begin with, i did later clarify that I am referring to ones aimed at increasing size, which are obviously attempts at getting the attention of men.

:rolleyes: Are you sure about that?

Because actually, if you're a smaller chested girl, sometimes certain tops/dresses fit better with a bit of shape in the chest area, hence the need for a padded bra.
Reply 41
I don't get why it makes girls feel better, it's not as if being bigger makes them more feminine or anything, but if it's only for their own confidence then why not?
I actually agree to some extent. Although my issue is more with extreme padded and extreme push up bras. Most bras nowadays that are labelled as padded are actually just moulded. Which is what my bras are. If I actually wore a proper padded bra (I.e not moulded, but padded) my bf would wonder where my boobs come from!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by tsr-member
Okay, here goes :rolleyes:

When you're wearing a relatively thin top, a padded bra allows you to avoid this not-so-dignified look;

Copy-of-Lindsay-Lohan-Nipples-through-tee-shirt.jpg
jennifer-aniston-nipples-showing-through-top.jpg
4256595036_1ddd19159d.jpg

No1s complaining about that look

Posted from TSR iPad
Reply 44
I'm a petite gal and have equally small boobs to match and I often wear padded bras. This isn't because I'm trying to trick men into bed or get their attention - I wear them for ME.

With us smaller girls, most clothes look better with a little bit more shape in the boob department. I'm hardly decieving anyone by padding up my natural B cup boobs into boobalicious DDs: I'm just adding a bit of extra shape. I'm simply doing it to make myself feel better in clothes and to make sure that my nipples aren't on show. If guys don't like it, so be it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 45
When you're slim with small boobs padded bras help clothes fit and look better. If they get rid of guys who were only interested in me for my cup size then even better, kill two birds with one stone.
Reply 46
Lol I already have a big chest but I wear padded bras because they are more comfortable and give good coverage. Plus,it's harder to shop for non-padded bras in my size !
Reply 47
Original post by consumed by stuff
that look looks hot.

Maybe people of our present culture need some nudist or at least common sauna experience. Since when have woman's nipples become "not-so-dignified"?
Reply 48
Original post by consumed by stuff
that look looks hot.

Maybe people in our culture need some nudist or at least common sauna experience. Since when have woman's nipple become "not-so-dignified"?
Reply 49
maybe people in our present culture need some nudist or at least common sauna experience. Since when have woman's breasts become

Quick Reply

Latest