The Student Room Group

How many dates do you go on before sleeping with someone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Wait! You're supposed to date BEFORE you have sex?!? Damn! All this time I had it mixed up.

I was operating a more 'try-before-you-buy' principle. My bad...
Depends. Sometimes before any dates at all.
Reply 22
Original post by Zarek
why did you wait so long and what did you do all that while?

First one I was young and a virgin so wanted to be sure but it didn't work out, Second was kinda long distance so didn't have much choice but both times I felt it helped getting to know them more before sleeping with them
Never really thought about it. Generally, when it feels right. If attraction is high, it usually happens quicker. First night together might be kissing and perhaps 2nd/3rd base. If not, next time it would be 2nd/3rd base, and the time after that probably 4th base. But I don't really follow any rules. If it feels right, it will happen. If I don't, I will say I am not ready yet. :smile:
Reply 24
If I want to sleep with someone I know it from the very beginning, literally it takes nano seconds .If I could I'd rip their clothes right there on a date no matter where we are, but we have to remain moral principles. At least for a couple of minutes
Reply 25
after 6 dates
Reply 26
I am getting married next month after dating a long period (7 years) , we have mutual understanding and strong liking for each other selected indian beach wedding theme for my most memorable wedding
Original post by peter12345
I hear that a lot but then what is the alternative to dating? How do you enter a relationship without dating?

Personally I've never 'dated' anyone. Every guy I've gone out with always started as a friend, we hung out with in social situations, i.e. society events, flat parties and stuff, then it developed into more.

Obviously at university my experience is slightly biased, but I find the whole 'dating' concept rather alien. I couldn't imagine going out alone with a guy I just met. It just sounds so awkward. :p: Not that there's anything wrong with it, it's just not something I've ever done!
Reply 28
Between 0 and 2.

There are so many potential partners out there I fail to see why anyone would hang around waiting for someone that isn't even interested enough in you to want to have sex.

Yes, she might be interested but just have some crazy beliefs about "waiting for the third date", but would you really want to date an irrational girl like that anyway? NO. This method weeds out the nutters and the time wasters.
Reply 29
Original post by peter12345
I hear that a lot but then what is the alternative to dating? How do you enter a relationship without dating?

If you smash the same girl* three times in a month, you then ask her whether she wants to hang out a bit in the daytime as well. If she say "I guess we could", congratulations! you are now in a relationship.

*make sure it is the same girl, sometimes they look quite similar but they have different names etc.
The only date i take them on is to dinky donoughts. after around 4 or 5 they're basically legless and come over very loveable, asking for the action. I always make sure i get to feed them the dinky too. mm
Reply 31
I knew my girlfriend for 5 hours before we slept together. I that time she'd already seen me drunk, clothes back to front (drinking game rules) and wrapped around the toilet! We've been together nearly a year and a half :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MalteseMalteser
A lot...but then that's because I have to feel like I really want my girlfriend in that way. I don't like the idea of picking up girls, sleeping with them, and then ditching them afterwards, I've only slept with one person and that's because I thought that she was the one.... :colondollar:

...and then we broke up about 5 months afterwards.

Good man.
Original post by py0alb
Between 0 and 2.

There are so many potential partners out there I fail to see why anyone would hang around waiting for someone that isn't even interested enough in you to want to have sex.

Yes, she might be interested but just have some crazy beliefs about "waiting for the third date", but would you really want to date an irrational girl like that anyway? NO. This method weeds out the nutters and the time wasters.

Legitimate question here; since you've been employing this process, have you developed any meaningful feelings towards anyone? I'm asking this because in the past I've considered it really pointless to wait a while to have sex if you're both attracted to each other and you both want it.. It's not led to anything more though, I just get kinda fed up of them if I get into sex early on without really knowing much about them. Maybe it just says more about the girl than this process.
Reply 34
Original post by py0alb
Between 0 and 2.

Maybe *shock* she doesn't want to have sex with a virtual stranger? A lot of men say they wouldn't enter a relationship a woman who had sex with them on the first date anyway...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by RichyFrench
Legitimate question here; since you've been employing this process, have you developed any meaningful feelings towards anyone? I'm asking this because in the past I've considered it really pointless to wait a while to have sex if you're both attracted to each other and you both want it.. It's not led to anything more though, I just get kinda fed up of them if I get into sex early on without really knowing much about them. Maybe it just says more about the girl than this process.

Yeah, loads. I'm in an LTR right now. Most of my friends are married, having met their spouses this way.

I would suggest that in my experience and observation between 1 in 3 and 1 in 4 casual sexual encounters end up leading to a relationship.

If you're going to get bored of them after having had sex, surely its better to know that straight away rather than wasting 2 months before finding out?
Reply 36
Original post by gemmam
Maybe *shock* she doesn't want to have sex with a virtual stranger? A lot of men say they wouldn't enter a relationship a woman who had sex with them on the first date anyway...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then those two people are ideal for each other! Old fashioned girl meets old fashioned guy. Just better hope she enjoys cooking and cleaning while he is down the pub with his mates and his bit on the side.
Reply 37
I don't make rules. It just happens when it happens. That might be I meet someone, sleep with them then date them or it might be a few months later.
Reply 38
Original post by py0alb
Then those two people are ideal for each other! Old fashioned girl meets old fashioned guy. Just better hope she enjoys cooking and cleaning while he is down the pub with his mates and his bit on the side.

It could also be argued that you making out that women have to have sex on the first date is sexist to. Some women might actually wait because they want to you know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by gemmam
It could also be argued that you making out that women have to have sex on the first date is sexist to. Some women might actually wait because they want to you know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its not sexist, I apply the same principle to both sexes. The sexists are the guys that think its ok for them to sleep with someone on first date, but if a woman does the same she's "not relationship material". They're the guys you want to avoid like the plague.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending