The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Interior design

hi ,
Anyone planning on studying interior design at BCU in september? or any of the design courses?
was hoping to meet some other students before starting the course but it looks like YouGoFurther wont be working for a while.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HannahBradshaw
hi ,
Anyone planning on studying interior design at BCU in september? or any of the design courses?
was hoping to meet some other students before starting the course but it looks like YouGoFurther wont be working for a while.

HI! I'm doing interior product design, where will you be living??
(edited 11 years ago)
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, I'm planning on doing product design, interview tomorrow!:s-smilie:!
Original post by Jackelkes
Hi, I'm planning on doing product design, interview tomorrow!:s-smilie:!

Wow, good luck and try not to be nervous the interviews aren't that bad. honest :biggrin:
Reply 4
haha ill try! what are they like?
well i accidentally went on the one for product design. the guy was really nice though we had a laugh about how i needed the interior product design course :biggrin:
i've taken a gap year so its been a while, there was a presentation about the courses, the new BIAD building etc. Then there were the one on one interviews, they like you to take examples of your work (as in things you've made so they can mess with them, see how well there put together etc) as well as the portfolio.
I had a horrible cold on my interview as well but he was kind enough to ignore that and even repeated questions when my head was pounding too much to pay attention. Then there was the tour of gosta green campus, their facilities one of the housings halls etc. And they really invited you to ask questions it was great.
Reply 6
Original post by vampspawn666
well i accidentally went on the one for product design. the guy was really nice though we had a laugh about how i needed the interior product design course :biggrin:
i've taken a gap year so its been a while, there was a presentation about the courses, the new BIAD building etc. Then there were the one on one interviews, they like you to take examples of your work (as in things you've made so they can mess with them, see how well there put together etc) as well as the portfolio.
I had a horrible cold on my interview as well but he was kind enough to ignore that and even repeated questions when my head was pounding too much to pay attention. Then there was the tour of gosta green campus, their facilities one of the housings halls etc. And they really invited you to ask questions it was great.

Thanks alot! i cant really take my work because im going on the train and my work is quite large! bit stuck on the kind of questions to ask in the interview
Thanks alot! i cant really take my work because im going on the train and my work is quite large! bit stuck on the kind of questions to ask in the interview

I mainly just asked about the new BIAD building, the facilities we'd have access to. The freedom of the first year and just advice on the kind of things i could do in my gap year. The guy told me my one weakness was my drawings and so he recommended me some material to help improve my drawing capabilities. I also asked about the computer design programs we would be using and whether they would teach us how to use their specific programs or whether we would be expected to learn ourselves.
My advice would be to think about your main priorities/concerns and then try to get as much information about them as possible.
Reply 8
Thanks again, you've helped lots! i may see you in sept! :smile:
Thanks again, you've helped lots! i may see you in sept! :smile:

Your welcome, hopefully Good Luck :biggrin:
HI! I'm doing interior product design, where will you be living??

hey , ive applied to live in jennens court
hey , ive applied to live in jennens court

cool, i chose curzon gateway so i could be nearer to the new BIAD building when it opens
Reply 12
hi ,

Hello :smile: I'm studying interior design at BCU in september!!
Original post by AmyLC
Hello :smile: I'm studying interior design at BCU in september!!

Hi !:smile: thats great , I'll look forward to hopefully meeting you then , where are you planning on living?
Reply 14
I have applied for Curzon Gateway as it was near! :smile:
Original post by AmyLC
I have applied for Curzon Gateway as it was near! :smile:

cool me too, but i'm doing interior product design
hi ,

Hey! I'm gonna be studying Interior Product Design at BCU in September :smile:
Original post by HelenMartin
Hey! I'm gonna be studying Interior Product Design at BCU in September :smile:

cool me too where are you planing on staying
cool me too where are you planing on staying

I don't know yet, I can't decide between Jennens and Curzon! They both seem really nice and, according to the accommodation page on the BCU website, they're the same distance from the new building we'll be in :smile:
Reply 19
I went to see them both at the open day and they are pretty much the same distance away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending