The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Noble.
I love how this discussion has turned academic. It's rather simple, you drove like a **** and it's very obvious you were driving "without due care and attention" so I don't know why such a long discussion and debate is needed? Also, I hope you get laughed at with the whole "Not guilty... because my skirt was too long" - because wearing too long a skirt is known to excuse one for their crimes and idiocy :rolleyes:

You think I don't know my chances are slim? Its just worth trying in case of the slightest chance, kind of like why people buy lotteries.

Even if I get laughed or whatever and lose, I'll be glad that I tried at least.
Reply 81
Original post by MsCourtney
You think I don't know my chances are slim? Its just worth trying in case of the slightest chance, kind of like why people buy lotteries.

Well, fingers crossed they take away your license before you get back on the roads and eventually kill someone. :smile:

What, glad that you tried to lie again, and this time in court?

If you've been an idiot and made a mistake, truly accept it rather than trying to avoid having your license taken away - that's wriggling out of responsibility and why people have been dubious in this thread when you say "gawd, it was a mistake! I won't do it again!" because it sounds an awful lot like you make and would make all sorts of excuses for yourself, and thus learn nothing from your experiences.
After reading all of that and judging from your past convictions i think it would be best if they do take away your license.
Clearly you are a danger to others and could potentially kill someone.
Speeding 67 in a 40 zone and not being able to brake properly, some people don't deserve to be on the roads :lolwut:
(edited 11 years ago)
Are you trolling gurl?

No offence (but I'm about to offend you anyway) you sound like the worst driver ever. Applying gloss whilst driving, speeding (67 in a 40 zone?! You cray?!) and losing control because you're wearing stilettos. This isn't an American movie love, you need to get real and get serious on the roads.
Reply 85
Original post by desdemonata
What, glad that you tried to lie again, and this time in court?

If you've been an idiot and made a mistake, truly accept it rather than trying to avoid having your license taken away - that's wriggling out of responsibility and why people have been dubious in this thread when you say "gawd, it was a mistake! I won't do it again!" because it sounds an awful lot like you make and would make all sorts of excuses for yourself, and thus learn nothing from your experiences.

I know myself well enough and no I wouldn't do it again honestly. I will not lie in court, I will accept that it was wrong to wear such a skirt and tell everything as it happened. Then they will determine whether driving without due care and attention is correct as per what I mention and if they believe I am telling the truth.
Reply 86
I was thinking of pleading not guilty and then in court saying that I was wearing a skirt that was way too long but that the shoes did not cause problems and that I was not applying makeup at the scene. Also that I didn't anticipate about the skirt as I usually never wear such stuff and it was just for a special event that day.

I got a court summons letter today:frown:. It says "Driving without due care and attention"

Pretty sure from what I remember that for that crime unless you were acting involuntarily those defenses won't cut it.
I think I speak for most people when I say I hope they take you off the road, will make me feel much safer.
Reply 88
Original post by Idle
Pretty sure from what I remember that for that crime unless you were acting involuntarily those defenses won't cut it.

What do you mean by acting involuntarily? Could you provide an example?
Reply 89
What do you mean by acting involuntarily? Could you provide an example?

Having a heart attack, being attacked by a swarm of bees coming into the car, having a seizure.
Reply 90

I was thinking of pleading not guilty and then in court saying that I was wearing a skirt that was way too long but that the shoes did not cause problems and that I was not applying makeup at the scene. Also that I didn't anticipate about the skirt as I usually never wear such stuff and it was just for a special event that day.

I got a court summons letter today:frown:. It says "Driving without due care and attention"

So basically you plan to commit perjury under oath.

I think the penalty for that is more than a few points. It's particularly stupid if that was your plan given you've announced it on a public forum!

You really are compounding something pretty stupid with further idiocy here!
What did you get the other driving with due care and attention for.
Original post by myblueheaven339
Agreed!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Did you get your username from the film or the Taking Back Sunday song? :smile:
Reply 93
Original post by Guy Secretan
What did you get the other driving with due care and attention for.

Other? I only got one.
Well you said speeding and driving without due care and attention sorry. If you paid the person for the damage to the car I dunno if that would help. Who called the police. Of you get six points your license will get revoked and you will have to do an extended retest I think.

https://www.gov.uk/penalty-points-endorsements/endorsement-codes-and-penalty-points

https://www.gov.uk/penalty-points-endorsements/new-drivershttps://www.gov.uk/penalty-points-endorsements/endorsement-codes-and-penalty-points
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 95
Original post by Guy Secretan
Well you said speeding and driving without due care and attention sorry. If you paid the person for the damage to the car I dunno if that would help. Who called the police. Of you get six pints your license will get revoked and you will have to do an extended retest I think.

I got 4 points really long ago for speeding.

Now I got into an accident see this post for details

They want to charge me for Driving without due care and attention because of that and could give me 3-9 points more.

That would but me above the 6 point limit and make me lose my license.
They probably will due to more then 6 points but I can take a test and get a new one as long as I pass the test which I am confident that I can handle. Accidents happen and mistakes were made, if I don't repeat the mistakes then why would you not like me to have a license.

I'm not a bad person or anything.

What about the fact you were driving at 67 in a 40 mph zone? Why would you even do that? I mean ok you didn't know your skirt would prevent you from braking but you surely knew you were speeding?!
Reply 97
Think you better start saving up for new driving lessons, OP, if what you said about the court summons is true.
Reply 98
Original post by amyshamblesxx
What about the fact you were driving at 67 in a 40 mph zone? Why would you even do that? I mean ok you didn't know your skirt would prevent you from braking but you surely knew you were speeding?!

The road was large enough and there was no visible traffic. (I know, its still wrong).

I did knowingly speed, I had just got my license at the time and was a bit of a racer kind of girl. I haven't done such stuff after getting caught.

I'd love to join a track but just have a Toyota Auris 1.8 and I would probably face sexist remarks as tracks tend to be male dominated.
Reply 99
The road was large enough and there was no visible traffic. (I know, its still wrong).

I did knowingly speed, I had just got my license at the time and was a bit of a racer kind of girl. I haven't done such stuff after getting caught.

I'd love to join a track but just have a Toyota Auris 1.8 and I would probably face sexist remarks as tracks tend to be male dominated.

I think you need a valid license to do track days, so you might want to put off that idea :lol:

Latest

Trending

Trending