The Student Room Group

Books for medicine

I'm hoping to do medicine soon. A distant cousin of mine I don't think I've actually met just finished the course and kindly sent me all her books. There must be at least 40 different books on loads of subjects in medicine. How useful will they be considering I probably won't go to the same uni as her? Do all medical schools use completely different books or are some the same? I'll keep at least some to read cus they look pretty interesting.
Reply 1
The books should be more than useful for all medical schools. Recommended texts may vary between schools but that doesn't really matter as what book you like is down to personal preference. They probably won't be the latest edition but that won't matter.
Original post by Elwyn
The books should be more than useful for all medical schools. Recommended texts may vary between schools but that doesn't really matter as what book you like is down to personal preference. They probably won't be the latest edition but that won't matter.

Thanks! I'm glad as they can be super expensive to buy can't they? Especially new.
Reply 3
I got a hand-me-down copy of Gray's Anatomy (the book not the TV show!) and it's a lot of fun to flick through - even if I can only really appreciate the incredible drawings.
Reply 4
Original post by Jacob :)
Thanks! I'm glad as they can be super expensive to buy can't they? Especially new.

New books for most topics will set you back £30-£50 usually. You can get away with loaning library books for most subjects, especially in preclinical years but a lot of people, like myself, prefer to own a copy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending