The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

El Scotto

I've been Id'd more times in the 4 years after I turned ID than the 4 years I was getting served before turning 18.

The majority of pubs/clubs/off-licenses have got very strict now. I've been told this is due to the change in the licensing laws were as part of the deal pubs etc have been told to crack down on under age drinking, and you now have to have a passport or driving license in most places to get served. Hence my ''Sutton University'' ID card is no longer accepted. Unless you know the dodgy places that haven’t been shut down yet.

And as I've said before its a lot to do with confidence, I look about 15 but in some places are not asked for ID just because I act confident. Well thats the only explaination I can think of.
15 on a work night out. I got served/in the first few times I went out more than I have done recently :frown:
Ive remembered! it was Netto :redface: when i was 16 and i think it was summer, we bought a load of beers to take to the skate park...
[edit] nah not funny enough [/edit]
Reply 44
16. In leeds with a group of students.
Reply 45
16 in Norwich, I used to get served everywhere when I was underage :biggrin:
Erm, when I was 17 at a gig at ULU. But to be honest, I never really tried before that.
Reply 47
14, but I didn't drink much back then. Since I turned 16 I've usually went out one or two times a week, three or four in the holidays, and I haven't been ID'd much more than half a dozen times.
Reply 48
Also the Dukes Head in Croydon when i was 14!
16.Buying wine for New Year's eve and we walked around every store in my little village trying to get served until I found one where no one knew me lol.

Also when I was 16 we'd go out to clubs and buy alcohol from Jackson's and drink it outside the Art Gallery lmao(sophisticated you see!)...I never got IDed...now I get IDed all the time!
Reply 50
Konstantine
To be honest, you can STILL get into pubs/clubs if you're under 18, as long as you have a provisional. I know exactly how to do it, and it does work. My friend's born in August, and so can't legally come out on fridays with us lot...but we get around it. Not that I condone it at all, that's why I never did it personally.

No, typex does not work for those born in 1988 with barstaff who have more than half a brain.
Reply 51
Konstantine
Haha, trust me, that's not it.
We did try that though. There was a lot of mess.

I'm intrigued now. :wink:
Reply 52
Haven't read the thread in its entirety, but I take it I'm the winner with 13. :p: To be fair, I was close to turning 14... and was in an another country... with older cousins and friends.
Reply 53
17, at 6th form socials. No one cared, suits me!

But before that i never really went out to get pissed.
- I had a social pint with my uncals, or a few glasses of wine with parents, but nothing much more.

Daniel
Reply 54
I haven't been served for alcohol before, haha. I haven't actually tried but...I look really young. I'm 16, I get IDed for fags usually. Psh.
Reply 55
Kate.
I haven't been served for alcohol before, haha. I haven't actually tried but...I look really young. I'm 16, I get IDed for fags usually. Psh.
Eh, that's even happened to me. During reading week (in November) I went shopping and my dad asked for me to get him a pack of fags while I was in town. I was asked for ID and refused sale because I didn't have ID on me...this was just six weeks before my nineteenth birthday.
The first time I went underage drinking I was 16. But I think I hid in a corner whilst my boyfriend bought the drinks, so it doesn't really count! I have a young face.
Reply 57
Kate.

Quit then...
Reply 58
swirl
Haven't read the thread in its entirety, but I take it I'm the winner with 13. :p: To be fair, I was close to turning 14... and was in an another country... with older cousins and friends.

If you're to count backwater foreign places it would have to be about 11 for me. Or perhaps after dinner liqueurs at 7 years old. :wink:
Reply 59
Actually, I can remember being served when I was 9 :biggrin:
Heh, I completely forgot about that...it wasn't anything hard - it was just some sangria when I was in Gran Canaria :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending