The Student Room Group

City University London

Hey!

Is there anyone who's currently studying at City university? I will enter university this september and I want to know what the university life at City is like? Accomodation, etc? Are you satisfied with the uni? And what do you think about studying in London in gerneral?

Thanks for your help! :smile:
What course are u going to be doing? I have an offer for law at city?
Reply 2
I have an offer for sociology and politics. What do you think about the university? I can't even visit it before the course starts :frown:
I went to an open day recently I thought the uni seemed nice and in a quite nice part of London. Are u an international student then?
Reply 4
Sounds good :smile: Yes I'm from Austria. Do you think the ranking is important?
Yeah I do! I'm unsure about going there as I'm wanting to study law and really want a good job after I finish . They have a good reputation for quite a few of their courses but their LLB law is not very high not sure why as its in such a good location and seems to have good reviews for other courses so just puts me off a little
Reply 6
Do have any offers from universities with a better reputation? I don't get why it makes such a big difference in the UK ..
Not really I have surrey which is better but I love London so wanna move back and I'm still waiting to hear from UCL . Think I will prob end up going to city. I don't understand why uk is like it either it should be about how well u do academically not where u go
Reply 8
Oh ok. There's not many unis that offer my course :frown: but i don't think city is that bad for social sciences. Maybe i'll apply for cambridge and oxford this september and work until next summer .. Let's see what happens

Quick Reply

Latest