The Student Room Group

Christ that was a horrible feeling!

OK, so I asked this girl I like if she wanted to go for a drink tonight. She said no coz she already had plans sorry. Well that was a horrible feeling anyway. I expected her to be doing something tonight anyway just because people do stuff on Friday. Anyway I just want some help with something. What she said, is it possible that I might get to take her out next Friday if I ask her early enough in the week? Because the 2 things that make me hope there is a chance is that she did not say 'No thanks' or just 'No' and she did say sorry. Does that mean that, like, she has not outright rejected me?

Scroll to see replies

Maybe shes just too busy tonight, you could always instead say wanna go for a drink sometime when your free, if she still says no, least you tried.
Reply 2
yeah, you will probably find that most people won't cancel already made plans with friends, so either ask her early in the week, or chose a different day.
i don't think she rejected you, she just had something else to do :smile:
Yeah thats what I think (or hope). For some reason a mate reckons that if she really liked me she would have cancelled her plans (I don't think so)
I tell you I felt much better after going to the gym though.
Well she either really did have plans, or she was making an excuse not to see you and letting you down gently, try again, and if she says she's busy again, maybe she's trying to give you a hint =)
Reply 6
Hell, don't feel disheartened! Just cos she's busy doesn't mean she might not like you. When I get asked out I usually can't free up time for about 5 days sometimes, just cos I organise a lot of nights out with mates (uni...what a bugger! ahaha) or I have to work. Take it at face value; don't just automatically assume she's brushing you off. Ask her again and then you'll have a better idea. Besides, more important is how she acts around you.. body language etc. Ask other people if you're not sure if the feelings mutual. Chill. Ooh, and no, I wouldn't cancel pre-made plans with mates to go out with someone. That someone will still be there tommorrow and it's just plain rude! Unless I didn't really wanna partake in such plans in the fist place, if you get me?
Go for it- its a Friday night tonight so nearly everyone would have plans?

Just ask her if she'd like to "sometime", and ask if she has a preference.

I wouldn't say: "Do you want to go for a drink tonight?" again (on a different day obviously) as it is likely she will be busy and I doubt you would want to ask her for a third time
I never get optimistics where women are concerned, sometimes, 'cos there isn't that much to be optimistic about, sometimes, to not deal with inevitable disappointment
So what should I say next time then? And when should I ask? Like between Mon - Wed?
Reply 10
Maybe your just ugly
Reply 11
If she just said "no, sorry" then I wouldn't bother - if she liked the idea of you taking her out she would have suggested another time.
Well acording to 'The Rules' (yes I have read a lot of it, total load of **** basically) it is the mans job to 'hunt' if they will so she was not supposed to suggest another time :wink:
Mystery says: You telegraphed too much interest too early.
Ron Stoppable
Mystery says: You telegraphed too much interest too early.

What?
Reply 15
No, ignore him!
What you are doing is fine.It is perfectly normal for a girl to not cancel her plans to go on a date with a guy as it shows she is'nt going to be clingy, and that she has a life. She asked you about next Friday which suggests she is interested, as if she was trying to fob you off it would've been far more vague ie "Maybe some other time".

Just ask her on Tues. I don't think you showed too much interest at all.
Good luck
Reply 16
You played it well, from what I gather
I didn't say she asked me about anything. I just said fair enough and had to go to get something signed by my teacher. She just said sorry. But yeah, so i should ask her early in the week, mabye Tuesday?
Uh huh, like other posters have said just when you're next talking to her drop it into the conversation ie "Would you fancy going out for a drink sometime or doing something together?" NO specified date and you'll know one way or the other whether or nor she's interested in you. It may or may not be the answer you wanna hear but you haven't go anything to lose. If it's no, move on, if it's yes wahey! And I know how it feels, I've made the first move in the past...nerve-wracking as hell! Good luck x
Ask her to come for a drink when shes free, give her your number/msn or whatever, and let her ring you when she's free

Latest

Trending

Trending