The Student Room Group

If you were slipped a note in the library...

Scroll to see replies

you sound like a creep
Reply 41
Original post by umarrehman187
you sound like a creep

Take heed OP.
I actually did this during my exam period in uni last year. Saw this really cute girl constantly around and it was by then my last week in the library before my final paper so I thought 'what the hell'.

I left her an admittedly oddly worded compliment under her keyboard for her to find the next day. Surprise surprise she actually left a note herself the next day and we exchanged notes again the day after. I finally went up to say hi on my last day in the library and we talked for an hour or so.

Tbh, as a guy yes it is kinda creepy to be leaving notes as it's pretty much stalker behaviour. I mentioned this to her but she was very nice and said she thought it was sweet and not creepy at all. I suppose we had a good conversation because that weekend we went out to an art museum and met up again a few days after that for coffee. Eventually, we kept texting a lot and i thought we hit it off well with great conversation.

Fast forward to now, though, things aren't as peachy. Emotions developed and grew (for me, at least) but things didn't seem to align and it got messy. We fell out the last few weeks with extremely minimal contact, she's been making a conscious effort to not talk to me. I don't claim to understand her reasoning but I've come to accept it as is. No reason to complicate my own thoughts letting it turn to poison but I am extremely sad about how its turning out now - she was a really great person I had the honour of getting to know more intimately.

I guess that's how the world teaches you about life sometimes - things that start out as fairytales don't always end that way.
Reply 43
Original post by TruetoMyself
Good :smile:. In that case the line was directed at you :smile:

LOL- OK!
Reply 44
Original post by py0alb
Take heed OP.

Lol. Piggybacking off some comment made by an obvious troll in the red. Pretty desperate bro.
Original post by umarrehman187
you sound like a creep

Then why comment....keep that thought to yourself! :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by Anonymous
And what if the girl never goes to the coffee machine or the photocopier And what if she does? You want me to follow her there? This thread is specially about girls I like who are also giving me the 'eye'. I usually can't be arsed to go over and make conversation so slipping them a note just before leaving seemed like a decent idea.

Also, I've seen your posts around this forum. I really wish you'd stop acting like some tough guy who knows everything about women and social issues. In reality I think you're just ignorant and one-dimensional.

If a guy smiled at me/made eye contact and did that (although in such a situation it would probably depend on his appearance) I would happily accept a note and respond to it, if it was worded in the right way.
Romance is hard to find nowadays, and it would be a pretty unique way of approaching somebody.
Go for it :smile:

let us know how it goes :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending