The Student Room Group

how much is teeth whitening for an 18 year old student?

well im 18 in june and although my teeth arent yellow, i really want them to look whiter and considering getting it done by my dentist but havent really asked about teeth whitening yet. how much would it be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Between £70-£100 just google teeth whitening in your local area. Don't go cheap with do it yourself kits they are useless
Original post by StephenHeads
Between £70-£100 just google teeth whitening in your local area. Don't go cheap with do it yourself kits they are useless

how long will the teeth whitening last? months/years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just make sure you get some advice from your dentist on teeth whitening before you go ahead with any home kits or high street whitening treatments.
I've heard that some of them are not too good for your teeth so it may be best to get some professional advice first from a dentist and see what they recommend themselves :smile:
Reply 4
I'm going to enquire about it at my dentist appointment next week. My teeth aren't yellow by any means, but I'm hugely insecure about it.

Is teeth whitening permanent?

No, teeth whitening isn’t permanent. It can last from a few months to up to three years, but this varies from person to person. Generally, the whitening effect won’t last as long if you smoke or drink red wine, tea or coffee, which can all stain your teeth.
http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/dentalhealth/Pages/teeth-whitening.aspx
Reply 5
You won't qualify for treatment on the NHS as it's a purely cosmetic treatment. It'll probably be >£400.
Same as it would cost for... everybody else?
Original post by Elwyn
You won't qualify for treatment on the NHS as it's a purely cosmetic treatment. It'll probably be >£400.
Whilst you can get it done cheaper take note of this figure. This is how much it costs to do it properly by somebody who knows what they are doing.
Original post by Secretnerd123
how long will the teeth whitening last? months/years

Posted from TSR Mobile

Usually around about 5 months depending on the condition of your teeth. Using tooth polish which you can buy pretty cheap in places like boots and teeth whitening tooth paste will make sure you get the best results and prolong the white effect

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending