Bath
Reply 81
Original post by fionywy
warwick :smile: as the offer is higher!

Oh I see, mind if I ask what your offers are? Mine are basically AAA for both

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by xoxsphexox
Yeah thankyou that did help :smile: Nice to find someone else doing the same course, have you applied for the 3 year or 4 year with work placement? :smile:

I applied for the 3 year course but I'm thinking about changing it if I get in so that I can do a work placement :smile:.
I firmed today for Pharmacology.:smile: Cardiff is the insurance, I guess the hard work starts now people.
Do I have to firm Bath now to have a choice in my accommodation? I'm going to an Exeter open day at the end of the month, so I'm still unsure. Will there be enough time from the end of March when I've made my decision to April 3rd?
Original post by midnightice
Do I have to firm Bath now to have a choice in my accommodation? I'm going to an Exeter open day at the end of the month, so I'm still unsure. Will there be enough time from the end of March when I've made my decision to April 3rd?

It depends what accommodation you want. If you want en-suite, then it's doubtful, as it goes quite quickly. Otherwise you should be fine :smile:
Original post by RibenaRockstar
It depends what accommodation you want. If you want en-suite, then it's doubtful, as it goes quite quickly. Otherwise you should be fine :smile:

That's the thing. I want en-suite like in Solsbury. I need AAA for Bath and AAB for Exeter. Bath really impressed me during the open day I went to and I guess it makes sense to just firm it right now. If I end preferring Exeter then I can simply just go there anyway. I'm pratically convincing myself what to do right now haha!
Reply 87
Original post by Themiddleone
I firmed today for Pharmacology.:smile: Cardiff is the insurance, I guess the hard work starts now people.

funny how many people here seem to have this combination even for different courses ;d that's great, yeah now we're just passing the exams in flying colours and see you in Bath/Cardiff haha

That's the thing. I want en-suite like in Solsbury. I need AAA for Bath and AAB for Exeter. Bath really impressed me during the open day I went to and I guess it makes sense to just firm it right now. If I end preferring Exeter then I can simply just go there anyway. I'm pratically convincing myself what to do right now haha!

no worries, the accommodation application is not open yet and I think it won't be until the end of March so take your time to decide ;d
Reply 88

Actually as per the UCAS site if you firm a university you have a contract to attend that college if you are accepted. If you have changed your mind and wish to go to your insurance choice you would have to request your firm choice to release you then only will your insurance choice be able to accept you. In the time delay caused your insurance university may have filled all their places n not be able to offer you a place. So do be careful about how you go about this.
Reply 89
Hi guys, is it advisable to firm asap? I have a conditional offer and will most likely end up firming Bath with Exeter as my backup. What I originally had in mind is to firm after I've completed my exams in May, just so that if I mess up I can select other choices.
P.S I will be staying on campus for my 1st year
Thanks in advance!
Reply 90
Original post by ryanchan
Hi guys, is it advisable to firm asap? I have a conditional offer and will most likely end up firming Bath with Exeter as my backup. What I originally had in mind is to firm after I've completed my exams in May, just so that if I mess up I can select other choices.
Thanks in advance!

I think you only can reply to your offers until May 8th, then it gets more complicated, see the post above yours.
Unless you totally screw your exams up ;p (wish you the best, just answering the question!) then you can go through clearing to some worse unis. But choose before May, the clearing is there in case you screw things up so don't worry about it, and just try to do your best. If you got an offer it means that you can do it!
Reply 91
Original post by ryanchan
Thanks in advance!

UCAS website says on

http://www.ucas.com/students/offers/replyingtoyouroffers

How and when to reply to your offers

Use Track to reply to your offers. Your reply date will be displayed in Track. Your reply date is based on when we receive the last decision from your choices, so it might be different to other people's. If you don't reply by the date given, your offers will be declined. If this happens, call our Customer Contact Centre to find out what you can do.Reply dates are based on when we receive the last decision from your choices:

Last decision by Your reply date is
31 March 2013 8 May 2013
9 May 2013 6 June 2013
7 June 2013 27 June 2013
18 July 2013 25 July 2013

Hope this helps.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by maereth
funny how many people here seem to have this combination even for different courses ;d that's great, yeah now we're just passing the exams in flying colours and see you in Bath/Cardiff haha

Ha yeah, although, I would have made Bristol my insurance had they not rejected me, because I live there, so Cardiff was really my third choice but Cardiff is still a brilliant uni so don't matter really:biggrin:
Reply 93
Just got an offer for Computer Science (Placement)! Definitely firming, with Exeter as my backup. Hopefully see you guys there (providing I get AAA, which is no easy task!).
Original post by RibenaRockstar

I just contacted the accommodation team at Bath. They said that it only takes 48 hours from the choice being made and it showing up on their system.
Reply 95
Original post by RafiKhan_
Oh I see, mind if I ask what your offers are? Mine are basically AAA for both

Posted from TSR Mobile

I need A*AA for my firm choice and AAA for this :smile:
Reply 96
Original post by fionywy
I need A*AA for my firm choice and AAA for this :smile:

oh okay, odd how Warwick want an A* from you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I firmed my offer for Sports and Exercise science!!
Reply 98
Firmed for BBA
Original post by beth-jane
Firmed Bath for MMath straight after my results on Thursday, hopefully I can keep up the hard work and ill be there in September! Getting a bit nervous about accomadation now, I just want to get the application over and done with!

I've firmed for MMath too! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest