The Student Room Group

Taking a third year out from university

I've currently finished two years on my course at uni and am working towards my diploma in professional studies through finding a placements/internships.

However, I have completed a 5 month work placement but am really struggling to find an additional 6 months worth of work within the design industry. I'm getting the feeling that I won't be able to complete my diploma and will just be looking for internships.

My worry is that I still have 7 months before I go back to do my final year of uni and will probably spend it doing nothing. Seeking an internship in London is out of the question (cost of living) and local companies seem to only be interested in graduates.

Does 5 months of work look good on a CV when you have an 8 month gap between second and final year of university, in my mind as I am still a student this should be relatively understandable, right? Has anyone been in a similar situation? And what advice would you give to someone like me?

Cheers
Reply 1
I recon that would look fine, particularly if you're doing something good/useful with the rest of your time to plug the CV gap

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending