The Student Room Group

S1- degree of accuracy of an answer

When they dont ask for degree of accuracy, does it mean the answer should be to (3sf)?

In some parts of a question, u have to use the answer to the previous part, for example working out what y is if they give u X, after u worked out a regression line. they usually dont ask for the degree of accuracy, am i supposed to use the answer in the previous part rounded to 3sf, or do i use the full caslculator answer?

Also, when estimating Q2 from a grouped frequency distribution, what method shall i use:
1) Q2= b+{[((n+1)/2)-f]/fc} X c

or
2) Q2= b+ {[(n/2)-f]/fc} X c

Thx
I cant remember, it differs depending on the type of question. Get your hand on a couple of mark schemes. You can lose a LOT of unnecessary marks by not learning this.
Reply 2
For S1 I used full calculator values during working and tended to do final answer to 4dp. (managed to get a half-decent mark so must be fine)
Reply 3
Baal_k
For S1 I used full calculator values during working and tended to do final answer to 4dp. (managed to get a half-decent mark so must be fine)

well i need to get an A, and as many more marks as possible, because im struggling of C4
Reply 4
Values quoted from the Normal distribution table should be quoted exactly as they appear in the table (ie don't round the table values), 3sf for anything done using a calculator.
Reply 5
Use full calculator display if youre doing further calculations from it.

Latest