And me! I'm doing sport and exercise science as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've sent you a message :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
hi im going Sweden in September and i just wondered if anyone knew what Sweden is like. Is it a nice place and what are the people like? :wink: if you know what i mean (boys)
Reply 122
Original post by Dan-the-word-man
I know I already posted here but whatever. I'm in flat 47 in block H and I'll be doing English and Creative writing. Just thought I'd try and find whoever I'm sharing with.

i'm in flat 45 block H! there's a facebok page for peverell which you should join if you haven't already
Reply 123
Original post by ickle.b
Anyone in block A?? I'm in A0043 and i'm doing early years and educational development, don't know anyone in my block or on my course yet though!

I'm studying Early Years and Educational Development (or Education Studies as it's now called since the title change)
Reply 124
Hi all! I'm going into my final year at Trent and I study French and Spanish at Clifton Campus. If anyone wants to ask me anything, feel free :smile:

As for those of you trying to decide on accommodation...you'll have an amazing time wherever you go!

Staying on Clifton (whether Peverell, New Hall or College Drive) is great because you can get up and leave 10 minutes before your lecture, but the downside is that it's a bit of a trek for nights out and taxis could be pricey!

Staying in the city is amazing because taxis home from nights out are pretty cheap and sometimes you can even walk depending on the venue and where you're living. In addition you'll be living with a wider range of people studying a wider range of subjects and you won't be tied to university-owned halls - there are private options too. The downside is that you have to commute to uni...

Commuting to Clifton can take between 20 and 40 minutes depending on the time of day (even up to 45 during rush hour) but it's SO easy. The UniLink 4 bus runs up to every 7 minutes between the City and Clifton campuses. In the city it departs from The Cornerhouse (bus stop by Strada restaurant) and at Clifton the stop is right inside the campus between George Eliot (library entrance) and the CELS building.

If you are commuting you should invest in a bus pass that is loaded into your NTU student smart card. The pass can be used on all Nottingham City Transport buses and it costs £199 for the academic year which, although it seems a little expensive, will save you a fortune in the long run. Without the pass it would cost you around £3.70 a day in tickets travelling to and from uni and that would add up to £199 by about Christmas. The pass also means that you don't need to worry about always carrying loose change for bus fare - in Nottingham the buses don't give change so if you only have a £10 note you're paying a £10 bus fare. The pass option is a no brainer.

It doesn't matter on which campus you live and on which you study, you still have access to all university facilities across all the campuses, including gyms, libraries, shops and bars!
(edited 10 years ago)
im staying on clifton. just wondered how much a taxi would you usually cost on a night out to go into the city centre? Also seeing as im living on campus would it still be worth me getting a bus pass for when i do want to visit the centre? x
Reply 126
Original post by charlotteg1
im staying on clifton. just wondered how much a taxi would you usually cost on a night out to go into the city centre? Also seeing as im living on campus would it still be worth me getting a bus pass for when i do want to visit the centre? x

I've never had to take a taxi to Clifton but I think I guess it would cost £6 or £7 for the distance you'd travel. In a black cab it would cost more because they start the meter at at least £2. I imagine most of the time you could share a cab with flatmates or other friends on Campus. There are also night buses that run in Nottingham on the weekends so check out the Nottingham City Transport website for those details.

As for the pass, if you're living on Clifton campus don't bother with it. A dayrider ticket costs £3.40, can be used on all NCT buses an unlimited number of times and is valid from the time of purchase until 4.30 the following morning - just enough time to use a night bus to get home!
oh thats not to bad then, okay thanks for the help! x
Hello first years!

I'm a third year Law student and am really excited for all the freshers to start their courses and uni life this year knowing how well mine went :smile:

I'm sure you all are super excited about finding out how social life is going to be for you guys and so I wanted to introduce an exciting new event (if you haven't already heard of it!).

Come on down to the Company Inn (Lloyds) by the Waterfront for the launch of the Jägernight! The very first night, presented by Refuel, is going to be held on 25th September and it's going to be a good one :wink:

Click on the link to the Facebook event below, click attending, and put yourselves down on the guestlist.

There are some fantastic deals on offer including: a free shot of Jägermeister with your first drink and a free glass of bubbly for putting yourselves down on the guestlist!

So get clicking and make sure you set this date into your calendars for an amazing night! See you all there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/224321344391225/
when are people moving into halls, i know you cant move in until at least the 20th?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending