The Student Room Group

Why won't it give me a quote?

I've tried places like gocompare, confused.com and Co-op young drivers, but wehn ive tried using Endsleigh, Direct Line and Churchill, i keep getting a message to say they are unable to give me a quote (and in the case of Endsleigh due to it being "unique circumstances")

Does anybody know why this may be the case?
Reply 1
They don't want your business.
Original post by elldeegee
I've tried places like gocompare, confused.com and Co-op young drivers, but wehn ive tried using Endsleigh, Direct Line and Churchill, i keep getting a message to say they are unable to give me a quote (and in the case of Endsleigh due to it being "unique circumstances")

If your a young driver trying to get a quote online. Quite a few of the Direct insurers site won't allow you to get a quote from their website. They want you to ring them up to get one.
Could depend on various factors and the particular combination of them. Is your vehicle in a high insurance group? Do you live in a high risk area? Are you a young driver without any experience?

Usually some insurers give a brief indication as to why you've been refused a quote or ask you to call them up if you want to find out why.
Reply 4
Just pick up a phone and ring them!

Just don't agree to anything that will bankrupt you!
Reply 5
I realise the sensibility in ringing them up, but i havent decided on a car yet and so am using the internet to see which car(s) would give me the lowest insurance... I dont have time to be ringing them up every few minutes.
Despite almost 25 at the time of my first quote, Churchill and Direct Line wouldn't give me a quote for my first year of insurance. Don't know why - didn't bother trying to find out. They will insure me now, but it's nowhere near the cheapest

Are you a student? Endsleigh do a student motor insurance that was a good price with some decent freebies such as breakdown cover, courtesy car etc. they might give you a quote if you try that.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 8
I realise the sensibility in ringing them up, but i havent decided on a car yet and so am using the internet to see which car(s) would give me the lowest insurance... I dont have time to be ringing them up every few minutes.

Hmmm- well at least you can get a figure so you can see if owning a car is feasible now-in this country which makes car ownership almost unafforable for the majority with high fuel duty, road tax , CC(in London) ,parking restrictions and of course insurance (which can be many times the cost of the car!)
Reply 9
Original post by myblueheaven339
Are you a student? Endsleigh do a student motor insurance that was a good price with some decent freebies such as breakdown cover, courtesy car etc. they might give you a quote if you try that.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

YEp, i tried Endsleigh and they told me the same thing... they were unable to give me a quote.
Original post by Hustler-1337
Could depend on various factors and the particular combination of them. Is your vehicle in a high insurance group? Do you live in a high risk area? Are you a young driver without any experience?

Usually some insurers give a brief indication as to why you've been refused a quote or ask you to call them up if you want to find out why.

I agree.

Quick Reply

Latest