The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Adult Nursing @ Hull 2013 - New starters

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
The timetable baffles me so just looked at the start and finish times, hopefully it will all sink into place by the end of the induction week :s-smilie: x
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 81
I had email about registration regarding uploading a photo if myself before we start. Also I filled in the e induction a few weeks ago picked my choice of food, rang up to see if my name had been out down and they said they haven't even received my request so have to do it all again grrrr xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you do the E-Induction?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
You should have received an email from university regarding e induction check your junk mail, if it hasn't gone into there on your welcome pack letter it says about it and it gives you an email address to get in touch with.
Louise x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by chelsealou
Hi, I'm starting at Hull and also booked for the mature student lunch and study skills...canny wait to get started :smile: I've had a play around with the timetable link and if you use nursing III as the programme you can get the module codes up. If the timetable is right I'm really surprised at how "little" we are in for the first semester.

xx.

I thought the nursing III was the 3rd year, i know we r in 5 days a week in the 1st semester and only 2 in the 3rd semester. this is going by friends who started last year x
Original post by Clarelouise57
I had one to do the myadmin thing but that's it, I haven't even had the E-induction thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Might b worth chasing it as the form for mature students lunch n study skills days is on it and it has to be completed prior to starting. Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sambez74
I thought the nursing III was the 3rd year, i know we r in 5 days a week in the 1st semester and only 2 in the 3rd semester. this is going by friends who started last year x

Yep the 3yr timetable template has us in 4 days n 1 morning for 1st 12wks then on placement 6 wks then in 3 days for 6wks etc etc...

Think am going to have to ring them about mature students lunch as still not heard despite chasing - same as for study skills xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
probably best, it seems like they are a bit all over the place lol x
I emailed admissions and had no response,I've emailed the student help email that was in welcome pack and the mature student advisor who sorts the lunch, so hopefully ill get the email soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had to look up my timetable on my laptop, but we get a first year time table and a first 'welcome week' timetable in the welcome pack :smile: I've done the e-induction too :smile: has anyone looked at their reading list/ started reading? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Catgroves95
I had to look up my timetable on my laptop, but we get a first year time table and a first 'welcome week' timetable in the welcome pack :smile: I've done the e-induction too :smile: has anyone looked at their reading list/ started reading? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the first week but my timetable is a 3yr template just with how many weeks we are in placement n Uni, no actual time slots for classes xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andysgirl1974
I got the first week but my timetable is a 3yr template just with how many weeks we are in placement n Uni, no actual time slots for classes xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think we must get these in the welcome week then :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
yep i think we do get it in the 1st few days. just ready to get going now. ive ordered the books, ive got 2 of them and have to say they seem really in depth lol x
Reply 93
i ordered the core book & one of the others, had a quick looksi inside the other ones on the amazon site & i think i can do without them until the bursary gets in. they're so expensive!! i got a couple of other books friend whose just finished the course recommended too and they certainly aren't light reading!!

also i only got a confirmation email for the study skills & the meal when i did the e-induction so im taking that as i'm on the list.
Reply 94
also my other dilemma is is that i have a student card already, can access all the student emails & portal & myadmin as i did the study skills course earlier this year, im guessing they still need me to register but hopefully it'll all become clear in the 1st week.
no idea where im meant to be going as there aren't any rooms attached to the preliminary week timetable they sent, though i think i figured out what could be rooms on the uni timetable you all pointed me to.
Reply 95
i have a student card already too but was advised to set a new online profile up for the degree

x
Original post by emi82
also my other dilemma is is that i have a student card already, can access all the student emails & portal & myadmin as i did the study skills course earlier this year, im guessing they still need me to register but hopefully it'll all become clear in the 1st week.
no idea where im meant to be going as there aren't any rooms attached to the preliminary week timetable they sent, though i think i figured out what could be rooms on the uni timetable you all pointed me to.

I transferred from another degree after the first year so I have all that too, also had to fill in a form to get released. So guessing they cancel all our old numbers and you get new ones like everyone else. I think there are no room locations because they haven't been assigned yet, in welcome pack says we get a new timetable on first day which will prob have all rooms on. I spoke to mature student advisor and apparently students who got offer end of August have had delay in getting induction email, but should get this week and there are still loads of places left on the lunch :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Original post by Andysgirl1974
Yep I am - just having a panic! Live 1hr from Uni n welcome pack notes that pre graduates can't park on campus! I thought nursing n midwifery were an exception from this if they lived 10miles or more away from Uni!

I've sorted child care based on driving n can't take risks of transport letting me down!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey i am a 2nd year and live in the area. There are many streets around the area just be carefull cuz some are a couple of hours and permitted. i no that newland court (i think it is) its permited and also auckland, salmon grove to if u get there early. just ave a look around on ya first couple of days xx
Reply 98
Hi girls,

i have had nothing but bother regarding the mature student welcome meal. I had my interview back in December and my offer as well. I completed the e induction as soon as I received it, I never heard anything back so I emailed Karen smales. Still I beer heard anything so I phoned her, she asked me to complete it again which I did and to phone back after the weekend and still haven't received my request to go to the lunch. She put me on the list and said she will get I touch today still nothing !!.
A few other students who are due to start haven't even received e induction link neither, Karen smales said it is a pilot scheme this year think its nothing but hassle. So if no one has had a conformation email I suggest you ring her.
Not long now ladies.
Louise x
Reply 99
Sorry about spelling mistakes I on my iPhone it has a mind of its own 😣

Quick Reply

Latest