The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Adult Nursing @ Hull 2013 - New starters

HI

As offers seem to be coming through now for this year, I thought it might be an idea for those who are actually starting this year to say hi and add a bit of info so we can get to know each other before we start.

I'm Sam i'm a mature student at 39 and excited but scared at completely starting a new career. I'm married with a 13 year old daughter, currently working in a supermarket and also a bank healthcare assistant in the community and a volunteer within the NHS. I'm at Hull Uni at the moment doing a level 4 health related course so i'm hoping it might make the transition a bit easier lol

x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi Sam and everyone who is starting this September 2013.

My name is Jenny and l am 44 years old, some say too old to do a degree at my age, but who cares! I am currently at Grimsby University Centre studying the Year Zero Hospital and Health Care for the Foundation Degree. I have an interview on 9th April at Hull to do the Adult Nursing. I would be interested in joining a " thread" for any newcomers to share tips, thoughts etc. :smile:
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi Jenny

You are never too old lol, the way the pensions are going we'll have a good 20 years post grad lol. Good Luck for the 9th. I've got an unconditional offer for Hull so its just a waiting game for me now, cant come soon enough

x
Reply 3
Hey Sam cannot wait so excited xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello my names Charlotte, i'm 18 and i have a conditional offer from Hull Uni so it is a waiting game for me until 15th of August. I'm currently at a sixth form studying my A levels and have just had my last exam, so all i can do now is wait and hope i got my predicted grades, hope to see you all!!!!! :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Aww fingers crossed you get what you need Charlotte. I am 38 mother of 4 and have an unconditional offer from hull uni I do excited hope to see you there in September xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
fingers crossed for you charlotte :smile: xx
Thank you so much!!! I hope to see you both!!!!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi my names Katie, and have a late interview for Adult Nursing on the 16th of July, i was just wondering about the day of the interview especially the questions they ask, and... IM SO SCARED! haha :smile:
Hi,

They're really nice and make you feel at ease, just why you want to become a nurse, have you ever been part of a team etc.. Its not a lot of questions they ask. Also the maths test is important to score at least half so practice conversions and mean mode etc

Good luck you will do fine :smile:
Thankyou Lottie! I shall tell you how it goes :smile: do you know how long it takes to find out if your in or not? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
No problem,

And they let me know approx five days after, but because you're a late interviewee you may find out the next day. Its pretty quick anyway Hull don't mess about. Let me know if you need anything else, happy to help :smile:
Hi I had interview and offer last week for 2013 entry even though we were told no places left until 2014 during selection day.

imjust awaiting my GCSE results at grand old age of 39 to make my offer unconditional!

wanted to say hi xxx
Hello :smile:

In the same situation, awaiting results. Such a pain i want to know now!!!! Haha good luck X
I'm 39 yrs old, mother of 11yr old just about to start high school and a 2yr old just starting tantrum stage!

I'm just sooo desperate to get results through so offer becomes unconditional!

Can't wait to get started!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
All interview this week will know by Thursday as 18th is final UCAS deadline so good luck today ladies!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Hi good luck to you all waiting for offers/results

I'm an oldie as well 39 with a 14 year old daughter :redface:)

Hope to see you all there

Sam

xx
Reply 17
Original post by Andysgirl1974
I'm 39 yrs old, mother of 11yr old just about to start high school and a 2yr old just starting tantrum stage!

I'm just sooo desperate to get results through so offer becomes unconditional!

Can't wait to get started!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there,
I am 38 with four children 4 boys 18-16-12 and a daughter 10. I am starting September 13 I so excited not long now :smile:)
Good luck with your results I am sure you will have done well, look forward to seeing you in September 😃
Love Louise xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys

Uni accepted my 42 credits so place now confirmed for Sept 13!!! Am sooo excited! Are any if you going to the mature students lunch???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
whats the mature students lunch ??????

sam x

Quick Reply