The Student Room Group

Insurance choice - dilemma

Hi all,

I have two offers from SOAS, Arabic and Linguistics (AAB), and Arabic and Islamic Studies (AAB), I will be firming the latter course.

I have applied for Arabic and Middle Eastern Studies at the following universities: Exeter (ABB), Leeds (ABB) and Manchester. All have replied with an offer apart from Manchester; they asked me to attend an interview. All three universities appeal to me, they have a good department, excellent academics, the city is vibrant - although, I wouldn’t mind a change of scenery if I go to Exeter. So, the question is: what should I choose for my insurance choice?

Thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Sufistic
Hi all,

I have two offers from SOAS, Arabic and Linguistics (AAB), and Arabic and Islamic Studies (AAB), I will be firming the former course.

Congratulations. But why will you be firming that one and not the other?

I mean, I cannot doubt that it is a terrific course, but your other applications suggest a greater interest in Middle Eastern cultures than in Linguistics. And linguistics can be a fairly dry science...
Reply 2
Original post by cambio wechsel
Congratulations. But why will you be firming that one and not the other?

I mean, I cannot doubt that it is a terrific course, but your other applications suggest a greater interest in Middle Eastern cultures than in Linguistics. And linguistics can be a fairly dry science...

Hi!

Sorry, that was a mistake, I was meant to put "latter" instead of "former". Lol, my bad!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending