The Student Room Group

Hardest GCSE Subject?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
hardest is deffo maths lol :tongue:
Completely depends on the person. I'm just awful at science, hence why I came out with C's and B's in Chem, Bio, Phys and maths. Yet I came out with A's and B's in more creative subjects like English and art.
None - they are GCSEs!! If you think they are hard, try doing A-levels or a degree!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 363
It depends on the person.

When I took Triple Science (I was OCR), for the last two physics exams I confess I barely understood what I was being taught. I got an A* in both exams somehow. It was just about knowing stuff really. I got a C at AS level because I had to be able to apply the things I knew and actually understand it, which I struggled to do. :s

I think the hardest subject was drama... but that's only for me. I took it because I was shy (still am!) and was told it would be a confidence boost. The grade boundaries were extremely high and acting was not something I was particularly good at. I mean, it would be an extremely easy subject to other people but not to me.

English literature was pretty awful. I hated, hated, hated the exams. English language I could do. English literature... yeah. D:
English and language.
English Lit and English Language... I'm forcast an A* but i'm never going to get it
Reply 366
Easily a foreign language. Maths is so easy it's insane and sciences are regurgitation of fact. English is just blagging things by padding out logic with long words. German or another foreign language, on the other hand, cannot be regurgitated, and has to be learnt.
Reply 367
I'd say English lit would be the hardest. Not necessarily because of the actual content. It was so boring I could never concentrate. :cool:
English. I just don't get it. D:
maths... I really find maths hard, especially factorising quadratics :frown:
However i find English Lit so easy, it may sometimes be really boring. Yet i still really enjoy it :smile:
Reply 370
I find triple science a bit difficult and also English lit/lang
Reply 371
Original post by goussberry
None - they are GCSEs!! If you think they are hard, try doing A-levels or a degree!

+1
When I did mine last year, I definatly found Additional maths and chemistry the hardest.
Business studies was easiestby far :P
English, very hard to get the maximum grades, otherwise maths, but I have no natural ability for it, so that is different.
Latin!!
History gets quite hard because modern history is basically politics, you have to remember so many dates and facts about the government. French is quite hard, and the topics in maths are hard but the papers are not. Physics is tough sometimes. None are too hard to pass though, GCSEs aren't bad :smile:
Reply 376
English Language
Reply 377
English! I feel like my written work is always c worthy, no matter how hard I try, but lucky for me i have speaking and listening controlled assessments always go well and i tend to get a/a*s!(I'm hoping this bumps up the grade a little!) I have no idea why there is such difference...
Reply 378
i'm finding science to be better this year as last year I was on a D but a couple of months of revising I was able to get an A star in Chemistry and an A in Biology(flopped physics lol) I basically had to teach myself additional science. English is definitely the hardest so glad I don't have to continue with it for much longer
I would say physics, maths or a language

Quick Reply

Latest