The Student Room Group

Hardest GCSE Subject?

Scroll to see replies

Economics
Reply 381
Original post by Gramatic
I'm being serious

Look on this website. Astronomy is a rare GCSE subject.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GCSE#Rare_subjects

Astronomy \not= Astrology
Music was pretty tough - there was so much you had to know.
Chemistry was quite hard as well.
Reply 383
Probably art, just because of all the effort involved.

I'm Surprised at all the votes for maths.
English definitely.
Maths. Although physics isn't far behind.
Reply 386
Chemistry x109209230958230589203

the rest aren't too bad :smile:
I'd say History for me (even though I got a A in the first unit exam). It requires so much time of studying for me personally. But everyone's different..
Reply 388
English Language.
I'm quite surprised that on the poll English is the highest!

For me, it's probably Physics, but that may be because my teacher is absolutely rubbish at explaining anything...
Reply 390
Not maths.

I'd say ICT is fairly difficult due to the seemingly abundant lack of good teachers of it.
Reply 391
For me English, although Art/Music/Drama would probably be harder if I was doing them!
This questions is extremely subjective. Some people find some subjects a lot easier than others do. For example, I find Maths and Triple Science quite easy, as they are my best subjects. Yet some people cannot do them to save their lives. However, I find languages and English Literature incredibly difficult, whereas other find them easier.
English Lit or Chemistry.....
French. Chemistry requires actual work too, as does Eng Lit and History, but I like them :biggrin:
All of the Sciences by far, and then probably English but in saying that im taking it for A-level :smile:
I voted languages but i will say this languages like French and German aren't the hardest subjects but the hardest subjects are contained within languages eg.Mandarin,Bengali-you can't really get a harder GCSE than them but i think if you only count normal languages then Science is the hardest,they include questions which aren't on the syllabus.Can't believe people actually voted Maths-very easy and low grade boundaries-for foundation only basic maths is tested,which you would have to be an idiot to get many wrong ad for unit 2 the grade boundaries were 37/66 for a C and an A* is very easy to achieve,all you have to do if your struggling is copy the solution and fill in the numbers for each different question and once you've done that a few times you will understand what to do.
Reply 397
Original post by Dalek1099
Can't believe people actually voted Maths-very easy and low grade boundaries-for foundation only basic maths is tested,which you would have to be an idiot to get many wrong ad for unit 2 the grade boundaries were 37/66 for a C and an A* is very easy to achieve

Some people find maths hard, not everyone finds it easy and there are 'low grade boundaries' for a reason.

You can't really say that someone is an idiot because they lack the skills / knowledge to answer what you class as 'easy and basic maths', because to them it's clearly difficult and they may be better at other aspects of education instead.
Reply 398
When I took my GCSEs, I found Maths unbearably difficult (then again, I have discalculia), and French quite hard.

I suppose it depends on the person though. :smile:
Reply 399
I said English because potentially one of the hardest as it is difficult to revise. I would have said a language but it's often very coursework based and so if you get full marks in your coursework and get nothing in your exams, you can still pass

Quick Reply

Latest