The Student Room Group

Best friend really annoying me...

I get on really well with my best friend but she's been with me the last week at my uni and she's doing my head in.

She isn't a student, so she doesn't understand that I need to sit and do my work at some point. All she does is sit around and complain that she's bored, as I'm trying to do my work.

She's also one of the most untidy people and usually it doesn't bother me but its now at the point that I cannot even sit at my desk because all her stuff is piled on it, and whilst I'm at uni she hasn't washed up any if the stuff she's used, just left it in a pile and got me to do it when I've come back.

She's given me no money towards the food or petrol I've used even though she got paid today. What's really pissed me off is that she was complaining saying how am I going to survive on £300 for the rest of the month (end of march) (she's already planned 3 shopping trips with her new boyfriend for when she gets back and has spent loads of money on presents for him), when I've only got £100 of my overdraft left to last until the next loan instalment in April.

I've tried to talk to her about it but she just doesn't listen to me and if she does she's just ignored me. I'm in my last year at uni so I really do need to keep up with my work. When she said about coming, I did warn her that I wouldn't be able to go out much as I didn't have a lot of money and because I'd have a LOT of work to do but she insisted in coming, saying that she wouldn't mind.

I don't want this to affect our friendship because when I'm back home she is one of my only close friends, but I can see myself flipping out soon because I'm fed up of her moaning. I guess my main issue with her is she doesn't understand that when you live on your own you have bills to pay and other responsibilities, so money isn't something I can waste. She wants us to get a flat when I graduate but this is putting me off because I know she wouldn't pull her weight and would spend all her money shopping rather than towards the bills.

I know this seems like a massive bitch, but I don't want to argue with her because I do generally get on so well with her. How can I resolve this without causing a massive argument?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
She's taking you for a mug. Tell her to gtfo.
Reply 2
She doesn't use TSR does she? Make sure you don't leave this page open in case she sees:nooo:...unless you want her to:teehee:
Reply 3
Thanks for the advice.

No she doesn't use this. I mean generally I get on so well with her, but this week she's just wound me up so much. It's her whole attitude to money. She thinks she can just throw it away on stupid stuff yet doesn't understand that I'm not in a position to do that. If we ever did get a flat together I know it would be me nagging constantly to get the money or things done.

I really do not want to lose this friendship but she's just rubbing me up the wrong way at the moment. I tried to talk her out of coming because I knew that I wouldn't be able to go out much and I have felt really down and depressed the last couple of months so I have felt like having company.

I know I have to talk to her but I may wait until I go back for Easter as we will be back in a normal setting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Can you not just ask her to leave politely? saying that you have a lot of work to do, and maybe say that your teachers are getting on your back or something? You could maybe then talk about making plans to meet up and do something when you have finished uni or during easter or something? - so you will have time to have a break from each other, and it can be something that you can both look forward to and can appreciate each others company more? dunno if that is all possible though :biggrin:
Reply 5
I could but her train ticket is booked for this Saturday afternoon. I'll ride it out. I have a 3 week break until I go home for Easter and before I have to go back to work with her.

I keep saying that I need to do my work but her stuff is slowly spreading out all over my rooms, and I don't have the biggest uni accommodation lol.

Cheers for the input :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Plus she lives like 6 hours away by train :/ so I can't exactly ask her to leave lol x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest