The Student Room Group

Falling for a teacher

I'm sure you've read a hundred of these stories and i'm sure i'll snap out of it soon.

Basically I'm the only A2 Geography student at my school as everyone else failed As. So I get to spend 2 hours a week with a 24-year-old male one-on-one. I think i'm falling for him- I wouldn't say he's my type but he is far from ugly! He's fit (I can almost see his 6 pack through his shirt) and cute.

He's very professional around me but sometimes he forgets who he is and goes into deep conversations about his life/feelings, I've done the same to him. We also have deep philosophical and nerdy conversations. Sometimes I can only be myself around him.

I'm not going to blow my own horn here but i'm not ugly. I'm 19 in May so there's only a 5 year age gap between us so it's not weird. I wouldn't want anything to happen between us while i'm at 6th form as I wouldn't want him to lose his job if it got out/for it to get awkward between us.

We banter all the time together- probably push the boundaries (he said the other day that i'm greedy for being Bi) and that i'm forever alone etc etc. (He's the only person in my school who knows that i'm Bi).Sometimes we have those moments when we just stare into each others eyes. He's single, i'm single, I don't see the problem. We was bantering around and I said that you won't ever have to see/hear me again in 4 months and he actually seemed upset. He said that I had to keep in contact and that he would give me his private email (I could easily use his school email).

How can I get across to him that I fancy him/want more to happen without making it awkward. Is there a way to find out if he actually fancies me? Ugh, so much going through my head right now, all I think about is him.

(Oh, I google stalked him once and I found that he had this android dating app thingy and he's info was 'young and horny'.)

Have you ever had a relationship with a teacher?
Like first week at uni (or wherever) You could drop him an email, "Wow uni is so different, I bet geography isn't the same without me " maybe even drop in a winky face if you are feeling cheeky
I would say wait til you leave school, he could face some serious repercussions if you two did anything whilst you were a student in his care.

But in my opinion I'd find it a bit weird but oh well :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
--------------

Well my first thought was NO!!!, but I have to say after reading the story it's not too bad.

The important thing is whether your desire is fundamentally driven by the power-control dynamic of a teacher and student (quite common), or whether if you met him randomly in a bar you would still fall for him. Bear in mind also that when you get to uni you may want to be free and single, not tied to a teacher you'll soon forget.

The sensible course of action is to swap e-mails, and try to stay in contact. If it works out, I see absolutely no problem with it once you've left school.

If you want to have an erotic student-teacher school fling, I can't personally see a problem given you're 18 and he's 25 (any younger and it would be dodgy), but bear in mind it is still officially an abuse of his position, and he could get into a lot of trouble.

The truth is that you probably will grow out of it - it's very common to fancy a teacher. However, he sounds nice enough and young enough, so do what you'ld normally do, stay in contact, and see if you drift apart or want to meet up later on :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending