The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

edinburgh law rejection help me

I applied to study law at the uni of edinburgh. I got a rejection last night and i'm a little confused why. My euclid went blank and the my fee details appeared - I saw on other forums that this means you will get an offer. Also, someone from the admissions office emailed me to ask my college to confirm my predicted grades because I'm doing two highers via distance learning and I was only able to put in my predicted grades on my personal statement. Anyway, the college confirmed my predicted grades and I still got a rejection. My question is why bother asking to confirm my predicted grades if they dont want to offer me a place? I emailed them because they dont give out information on the phone. What do you think? Please let me know. My guidance teacher told me that my personal statement was the he had seen this year. I don't think they had a problem with that. The predicted grades were 2 B's and I already had AAB.

sorry if its confusing but i really want to get into this uni.
It's impossible to say.

I can understand how you feel - I was rejected from Edinburgh last year, even though I had what I thought were very good grades, certainly better than those of other people who had applied for and been accepted to more competitive courses.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by vickyz
I applied to study law at the uni of edinburgh. I got a rejection last night and i'm a little confused why. My euclid went blank and the my fee details appeared - I saw on other forums that this means you will get an offer. Also, someone from the admissions office emailed me to ask my college to confirm my predicted grades because I'm doing two highers via distance learning and I was only able to put in my predicted grades on my personal statement. Anyway, the college confirmed my predicted grades and I still got a rejection. My question is why bother asking to confirm my predicted grades if they dont want to offer me a place? I emailed them because they dont give out information on the phone. What do you think? Please let me know. My guidance teacher told me that my personal statement was the he had seen this year. I don't think they had a problem with that. The predicted grades were 2 B's and I already had AAB.

sorry if its confusing but i really want to get into this uni.

I spoke to admission and although they have the minimum entry requirements they often require more than that. The average offer given last year was given to those with 5A's first sitting.
Reply 3
y euclid went blank and the my fee details appeared - I saw on other forums that this means you will get an offer.

The EUCLID status going blank means that they've made a decision on your application, not that you've actually recieved an offer.
Reply 4
Original post by pashton
The EUCLID status going blank means that they've made a decision on your application, not that you've actually recieved an offer.

my fee details appears - then you get an offer
if it goes blank it doesn't mean anything I know that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending