The Student Room Group

Hull University Midwifery 2014

Hello!

I was searching TSR for a thread on Hull Uni Midwifery 2014 entry and couldn't find one so thought I would start one of my own.

Yesterday was the last day of applications for the 2014 entry and I've got mine sent off! :biggrin: Time for the nerves to set in now!!

Anyone else applied to Hull for 2014?

Thanks

Kelly x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello just seen this! Yes I have applied.. Have you applied anywhere else? Do you live near hull x
Reply 2
I have applied and have an interview on the 19th so excited and nervous ! has anyone else got an interview ? :smile: x
Reply 3
:smile::smile:
Hi my names netty and I'm rather excited to say I've got a interview on 1st May, it's my 3rd time applying so hoping its 3rd time lucky:smile:

anybody else got one for 1st?:biggrin:
Reply 4
Hi there Netty I wondered if you could give he some insight on how the interview day goes, it's my first time applying xx thank youu
Reply 5
Original post by emrob94
Hi there Netty I wondered if you could give he some insight on how the interview day goes, it's my first time applying xx thank youu

Hi yeah sure, the lay out seams different this year, most of the day is quite layer back and casual really. I didn't get a interview last year but year before (2011) we met up in Calder building got took to a room, where we had to one by one get all our documentation certificates ect copied. Then 2of the midwifery staff came and had a chat to us about the course it's self and we could ask questions. Then we did a group discussion because we got sent a document and we had to discuss it. Then we had a dinner break and after that was when we had our one on one interviews, agin these was like a job interview really, got asked questions and had a chat about y I wanted to do the course. Then the long wait to find if vue got a place or not.
It seams so different this year, so bit anxious my self. Xx good luck xx
Reply 6
Hi , I also have an interview on the 19th. Yeah I couldnt find any threads for midwifery in hull either, I know some have already had their interviews and was hoping to find out what format the literacy test was!!!
Reply 7
Hello, I have also applied for midwifery an have an interview on the 19th April so this Friday. This is my second interview at hull for midwifery as I applied last year. I have applied for other unis but hull was the only one which accepted me for an interview.
Reply 8
Hello.. yes i applied around 2 years ago but did not receive an interview, had an interview at nottingham a few weeks ago! was a very nervous experience.. are you applying to do your placements hull side or grimsby?? x
Reply 9
Last year I had an interview for Chester and hull but didn't get in any were. I'm now a career in the community so have gained some professional experience. And I'm not fussed I'm more focused on getting a place so either hull or Grimsby.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
That is good that you have experience, i think it gives you more confidence not jut for the interview but for yourself also! yeah I was going to offer for either hull or grimsby i dont mind, I currently live in Grimsby. Do you know how many places are available this year?x
Reply 11
I live in cleethorpes and I'm only 19 so I'm flexible to go anywhere. And I have no idea I'm just starting to get a bit nervous now:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Oh i live in cleethorpes tooo! lol yeah me too, very nerve wracking isnt it.. are you coming straight from a levels then?X
Reply 13
No I finished college last year and I'm a career now .... Couldn't find any jobs that didn't need experience in the hospital so iv just done this to gain a bit of life experience. And yeah interviews are very nerv wrecking :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Ashfoster
Hello, I have also applied for midwifery an have an interview on the 19th April so this Friday. This is my second interview at hull for midwifery as I applied last year. I have applied for other unis but hull was the only one which accepted me for an interview.

Hello, I have an interview on the 29th and was just wondering if you could give me some pointers on the group discussion, tests and interview itself if you don't mind? It's my first year applying and my very first interview so I'm really nervous :frown: thank you! And bet of luck with your interview tomorrow xxx
Reply 15
sorry if this is a silly question but this thread is called midwifery 2014; how have people applied already? is it a typo in the thread title or are people here applying now and deferring a year?

i'm applying for midwifery 2014 (not to hull though) and seeing this confused me!
Reply 16
Original post by staceylea
sorry if this is a silly question but this thread is called midwifery 2014; how have people applied already? is it a typo in the thread title or are people here applying now and deferring a year?

i'm applying for midwifery 2014 (not to hull though) and seeing this confused me!

At hull they take a year in advance so we are applying for 2014, but sometimes they have places for this year ( fingers crossed)
Reply 17
Original post by Netty1983
At hull they take a year in advance so we are applying for 2014, but sometimes they have places for this year ( fingers crossed)

ahh right! thank god! haha i got scared then! where else is everyone applying? :smile: x
Reply 18
Original post by staceylea
ahh right! thank god! haha i got scared then! where else is everyone applying? :smile: x

I'm only applying for hull:wink::wink:
Hello I have an interview on the 2nd of may could anyone give me a heads up on the tests and the group discussion this is my first year applying for hull and would be great full for any advice thanks xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending