The Student Room Group

Help with Extended Project and UCAS

Hi guys, I'm in my first year of college and am considering the Extended Project for next year. I take A levels in Maths, Chemistry, Biology and History. I intend to drop history and pick up the Extended project.

What does everyone think of the idea of doing it about Dreams ? My other ideas include life after death and life on other planets, any of them sound good ?

Does the Extended project look good on your UCAS form ?

Please help!!
Reply 1
Arguably one of the best qualifications to do in an average sixth form, nearly all uni's reccomend to do it if you can as it teaches you the skills you will be doing for uni i guess.
Also depends on what u wanna do in uni, majority but not all do it based on what they wanna do.
Reply 2
I'm not definite what I want to do yet but either Chemical Engineering or Accountancy
Reply 3
You should try to do it in something related to what you want to study at uni, then if you get invited for an interview you can talk about it or mention it in your personal statement as an example of your passion/commitment to the subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did exactly the same as you! yeah, it's really useful to talk about at university :smile: it also lets you put down books you've read for your research on your personal statement, this is good if you're applying to a course that you don't need work experience for - helps you to stand out!
Reply 5
Original post by PeanutButter2000
I did exactly the same as you! yeah, it's really useful to talk about at university :smile: it also lets you put down books you've read for your research on your personal statement, this is good if you're applying to a course that you don't need work experience for - helps you to stand out!

Yeah that sounds good! Just I'm not sure if the topic I do affects how respected my qualification is
Reply 6
Original post by xboxaddict
You should try to do it in something related to what you want to study at uni, then if you get invited for an interview you can talk about it or mention it in your personal statement as an example of your passion/commitment to the subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thankyou :smile: I reckon dreams and sleep is quite scientific though so I should be able to get away with it
Reply 7
Hey I'm in my first year of college and was planning to do an extended project this summer, I really wanted to do mine on dreams too! Have you finished yours now? If so how did you find it?? :groovy:

Quick Reply

Latest