The Student Room Group

Why is everybody so anti tall women dating short men?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Care-Free
I get this too, im actually pretty short (5ft4) and my bofriends a few inches shorter than me, more so when i wear heels and we get so many weird looks and comments, i dont really understand, someone actually asked whether im "the man" of the relationship just because of the heigh difference..wtf?

He must be a midget! jesus 5ft 2! Yes, well you do dwarf you're man in height!
Reply 21
You reduce the dating pool by 80% by going for tall men? Imagine how I feel - I'm in ****ing love with tall women. I'm 6ft but damn am I hideously turned on when I find a woman taller than me. Reduced my pool by a **** ton more than 80%. I once saw a stunning 6'5 girl (No she wasn't a manly girl as some people think all tall girls. She was quite feminine). Of course I don't have that high standards. I might give you a cursory glance if you're above 5'10.

Sounds trollish but I am deadly serious about my love for tall women. Breasts, boob and bum, they all come second to height for me.
Reply 22
I'm short, 5ft 8 and will only date girls my height or shorter.
Reply 23
5"10.5 and I've liked people shorter/taller/the same height as me. *GASP.*
Because it's still 2000 B.C, and your man needs to pick coconuts off trees and bring them back for dinner? Oh and since you are HIS woman, all aspects of your appearance must show a complete and honest form of submission, and he must be able to look down on you as he bestows you with the day's kill. :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by manty
Well i guess if you think having lots of muscle makes you manly then fair enough, others would argue its a turn off, difference of opinion. I personally, wouldn't want to be smaller than the girl, it's awkward, doesn't feel right. Means she can't wear heels etc

Btw what you just described i have an image of a guy with small mans syndrome..

No what im just saying is that you sounded like you were saying a smaller guy than a women has to be some scrawny unmanly bloke
Good on you OP for ignoring the preconceptions of the many shallow people out there.
As long as you're happy with your boyfriend that's fine, don't listen to what others say.
It's your life and it's your choice on who you love and what you want to do! :smile:
Some people are just shallow.

(The way people are overreacting:sigh:...yes, he's shorter than you, but he is not short! 5ft9 is normal height for guys!)

Your boyfriend sounds lovely though. You've made the right choice being with him!:biggrin:
Reply 28
I love taller girls, to me that's a turn on!! I'm 5'9" and I don't consider that short, that's a good enough height! When people ask me why I like tall girls, I tell them "Why Not"?? It's stupid to be questioned about it, I really don't like being with short girls, tall girls are way better to handle in bed anyway!
Reply 29
Original post by Ahotaru
I am taller than my boyfriend, and haters can shut the **** up :h:

I'm 5ft 9 and no way would I date a girl taller than me I find it intimidating dated a girl once same height as me wouldn't allow her to wear heels women should look up to their man . Timmy

Quick Reply