The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Nursing stafford university

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by catherine.fafrin
Hi well done on getting your place, i have been accepted on the adult nursing course in shrewsbury too but have been given start date of march, but hopefully if some people dont take up their places i will be able to get on the sep intake, im going to ring stafford uni next week to see what they say, im also a mature student 33 this year so the sooner i get on the course the better for me its been a long time coming, fingers crossed i will be able to start sep, at least id know i wouldnt be the only mature student haha xx

That would be great I am so scared that I will be the oldest there!!! I am so excited though, there is a lady on my course that had applied for September but has been offered march also you will have to keep me posted on your progress on hopefully starting with me :-). Well done for getting in though I couldn't believe I had as I had my interview 1st feb and only found out last week I had convinced myself it was a no go. :-)
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by Billie2812
That would be great I am so scared that I will be the oldest there!!! I am so excited though, there is a lady on my course that had applied for September but has been offered march also you will have to keep me posted on your progress on hopefully starting with me :-). Well done for getting in though I couldn't believe I had as I had my interview 1st feb and only found out last week I had convinced myself it was a no go. :-)

Congratulations on your offer :smile: . Although I am doing Child Nursing I thought I would just let you know that I will be 38 when I start so I think I may be the oldest there!!!! I am about 16 miles from the RSH in North Shropshire, where abouts are you from ? x
Reply 62
Hi, i cant quite beleive it after the nightmare i had on the day but ive been offered an unconditional place for adult nursing at the Shrewsbury campus, im slightly confused though as i applied to start in sep but letter says commencing March 2014 ?? still cant believe it. well done to everyone who got places im over the moon xxxx

Congratulations :smile: So it all turned out well after your bad to worse interview day :wink: ! I know you really want September start but if others don't meet the grades or turn their offer down then you may have the chance to change from March 14 to September 13. Good Luck
Reply 63
I had my interview for childrens nursing on Feb 1st and ive still heard nothing :frown::frown: it's killing me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Original post by Tori75
Congratulations on your offer :smile: . Although I am doing Child Nursing I thought I would just let you know that I will be 38 when I start so I think I may be the oldest there!!!! I am about 16 miles from the RSH in North Shropshire, where abouts are you from ? x

Hi Tori,
Congrats on your place I live in between Shrewsbury and Wrexham about 15 miles I am pleased I am not the only olden lol!!! I still can't quite believe I have had an offer I am very excited :-)
Reply 65
Original post by kirstyb.93
I had my interview for childrens nursing on Feb 1st and ive still heard nothing :frown::frown: it's killing me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

My interview was the 1st feb too, I would phone them first thing on Tuesday as you should of heard by now I am sure x
Reply 66
Hi Tori,
Congrats on your place I live in between Shrewsbury and Wrexham about 15 miles I am pleased I am not the only olden lol!!! I still can't quite believe I have had an offer I am very excited :-)

No not the only oldie to be going to University lol!!! I am the same as you inbetween Shrewsbury and Wrexham, Ellesmere to be exact are you from Oswestry? Wishing the summer away so we can get started which is really bad :wink: x
Reply 67
Original post by Tori75
No not the only oldie to be going to University lol!!! I am the same as you inbetween Shrewsbury and Wrexham, Ellesmere to be exact are you from Oswestry? Wishing the summer away so we can get started which is really bad :wink: x

Hi Tori75,
Yes I am from the land of Os I am also very very excited I am now getting myself worked up about finance do you know what we can claim and how best to get the maximum due I also need to claim child care too gggrrrr!! I have a feeling I am going to stress myself slightly about this!!!
Reply 68
I have had an unconditional offer for Adult Nursing commencing 14th March. Had my interview on the 25th April and had my letter through on the 3rd May!
Just need the grades from my access course now!!
Excited!
well done to everyone with their offers.
Original post by Tori75
Congratulations :smile: So it all turned out well after your bad to worse interview day :wink: ! I know you really want September start but if others don't meet the grades or turn their offer down then you may have the chance to change from March 14 to September 13. Good Luck

Yes all turned out ok after all cant beleive it after the diaster day , and i have now been givien a place starting september instead of March so really pleased !! so to all the oldies doing adult nursing in september cant wait to meet you and of course everybody else just nice to know i wont be the only mature student. well done everybody xx:smile:
Reply 70
Yes all turned out ok after all cant beleive it after the diaster day , and i have now been givien a place starting september instead of March so really pleased !! so to all the oldies doing adult nursing in september cant wait to meet you and of course everybody else just nice to know i wont be the only mature student. well done everybody xx:smile:

Hi Catherine are you shrewsbury based I am starting in sept in shrewsbury! :-)
Reply 71
Original post by K.jayne93
Hi ive been given a unconditional offer to do mental health nursing starting sept 2013. Just wondered if anyone has been and if so have they had it through ucas yet as i have only recieved a letter from the university want to accept and get on with my finance :smile: x

do you know the start date by any chance ?? im doing m/h as well
Hi Catherine are you shrewsbury based I am starting in sept in shrewsbury! :-)

Hi yes at shrewsbury !!! eeeek im soooo nervous !!! do you know what day we start ? xxxx:smile:
Reply 73
Hi yes at shrewsbury !!! eeeek im soooo nervous !!! do you know what day we start ? xxxx:smile:

Hi it says 23rd September! I am also very nervous I can't wait at the same time :-) I have just got fiancé etc. to sort now which is stressing my head now lol are you quite local I am from Oswestry xxx
Hi it says 23rd September! I am also very nervous I can't wait at the same time :-) I have just got fiancé etc. to sort now which is stressing my head now lol are you quite local I am from Oswestry xxx

Hi i am from much wenlock so not to far, where does it say 23rd ?? i have just applied for my bursary, i found it abit confusing, what else do we have to do ? is ur name billie ? xx:smile:
Reply 75
Well on my ucas it says sept 1st but otherwise im not sure. Have you spoke to anyone doing m/h ? Doesnt seem to be many on here
Reply 76
Hi i am from much wenlock so not to far, where does it say 23rd ?? i have just applied for my bursary, i found it abit confusing, what else do we have to do ? is ur name billie ? xx:smile:

On my offer letter it says start day as 23rd September I haven't applied for my bursary yet going to look at that today wish me luck!! About the name everyone calls me Billie but its not my real name xx
On my offer letter it says start day as 23rd September I haven't applied for my bursary yet going to look at that today wish me luck!! About the name everyone calls me Billie but its not my real name xx

ha ok billie !! well my offer letter was for march so now ive changed to sep im not sure so il go with the 23rd sep haha. im just trying to sort out my evidence for bursary, do you know if we get a council tax reduction whilst on the course ? looking forward to meeting you. x:smile:
Reply 78
Hi Everyone: Question regarding student finance/NHS bursary
When applying for student finance and saying I will be receiving a bursary it wouldn't let me add household income, is this correct?
And then when applying for NHS bursary it is income assessed?
Before I go ahead and do this, does this sound correct to people?
Can you only have one of the 2 income assessed?

Thank you, Anna! :smile: xo
Reply 79
Original post by annaw.
Hi Everyone: Question regarding student finance/NHS bursary
When applying for student finance and saying I will be receiving a bursary it wouldn't let me add household income, is this correct?
And then when applying for NHS bursary it is income assessed?
Before I go ahead and do this, does this sound correct to people?
Can you only have one of the 2 income assessed?

Thank you, Anna! :smile: xo

Hiya! Yes it did the same for me! I think it's because the bursary has got to be income assessed, not completely sure tho! Bit confusing!
Amanda x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending