The Student Room Group

Help, Forensic Science based uni or fine art based uni? which one is better ?

Hey everyone,
I just wanted to ask for some of your opinions, I am a student in year 12 and now our school has asked us to start getting involved and find out any facts...
So I am stuck, I either want to do something with forensic science however I know some of it can be quite nasty, or do something like fine art, I enjoy learning about both, but ah it's hard for me to simply pick?
I am studying Fine art and BTEC science, so maybe there is other choices you can give me?
Thaaanks :smile:
xxx
Hmm two very different options, I had to decide between dropping art or one of my other AS levels. I decided to carry on with English because art is something you can always do in your own time...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
yeahh that's what I was thinking as well, like there's more jobs in forensics than art..its just so difficult you know because both of those are so interesting to me, but thank you :smile::colondollar:
Reply 3
I am just finishing my forensic science degree, and it is not what you expect it to be and I just want you to know there are not very many forensic jobs due to it all become private after the FSS was shut down. I am going to apply for a PGCE and try and become a secondary school teacher. If you have any questions about the course I can tell you loads but honestly it's not what I expected.
Reply 4
I can't imagine there being more jobs in forensics than in arts really. Particularly if you are referring to the highly glamorised positions that you see on the likes of CSI. These are the kinds of jobs that there are few of and the people that get them will tend to stay there long term. Any-time a position becomes available there will be ridiculous competition.

Second of all, note that I mentioned 'highly glamorised. Forensics is nothing like what hollywood etc make it out to be.

If you enjoy science then you should do a degree that you would actually enjoy. You don't need to pick a specific degree title, as graduate employment doesn't work like that. You can do a chemistry degree and easily end up in a wide range of fields such as engineering, banking pharmaceuticals to name just a few.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending