The Student Room Group

engineering question.

At the moment i am doing a foundation year in medicine, but i am now reconsidering wanting to do medicine, but i would like to know is it still possible to go an do engineering course but if i was to retake my A levels again because i came out with CCC will they accept me if i turned that into A*A*A*?

i would really like advice on what to do or how can i be able to do engineering, also there are different types of engineering i am into creating buildings or designing buildings or infastructures what types of engineering is there?

Kind regards and thanks in advance for help.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by mind
At the moment i am doing a foundation year in medicine, but i am now reconsidering wanting to do medicine, but i would like to know is it still possible to go an do engineering course but if i was to retake my A levels again because i came out with CCC will they accept me if i turned that into A*A*A*?

i would really like advice on what to do or how can i be able to do engineering, also there are different types of engineering i am into creating buildings or designing buildings or infastructures what types of engineering is there?

Kind regards and thanks in advance for help.

Yes its possible to do engineering, usually tho for BEng entry it ranges from BCC-AAB some even A*AA however you can probably get away with those grades since you are doing a foundation year in medicine its perhaps one thing worth mentioning to the university your applyin to however most of the "top" engineering universities will take at least BBC or more this doesn't mean the others are crap but its more of personal prefence on your side so if u want to resit then resit. With the interests you have mentioned I would recommend civil engineering.
Reply 2
Original post by a10
Yes its possible to do engineering, usually tho for BEng entry it ranges from BCC-AAB some even A*AA however you can probably get away with those grades since you are doing a foundation year in medicine its perhaps one thing worth mentioning to the university your applyin to however most of the "top" engineering universities will take at least BBC or more this doesn't mean the others are crap but its more of personal prefence on your side so if u want to resit then resit. With the interests you have mentioned I would recommend civil engineering.

thanks for the answer i have been waiting for a long time for a response, so engineering isn't like medicine where they dont accept resits right?

Quick Reply

Latest