The Student Room Group

Why are Muslim's portrayed as terrorist's in today's society?

Scroll to see replies

if white people were a minority we would be sterotyped into pedophiles and serial killers by racists , any pedo or school shooter or serial killer i ever see on the news is white obviously its not all white people or just white people but there isnt a steryotype like that as we are most people in society
Reply 541
Original post by Donald Duck
Terrorists aim to spread terror within the civillian population. The US has this as a side effect.

Also terrorists can't be governments. Kim Jong Il is not a terrorist, because he is the government.

Nonetheless, Kim Jong Il and Kim Jong-un are both hated by many due to their strong dictatorships (atleast Kim Jong-un now) and there is tension between the US and North Korea. Would you say that as they are government they should be left and all of North Korea should be under a dictatorship?
I wouldn't imagine so, and if terror is a side affect of the US, it's rather ironic seeing as they claim to be getting rid of terror. Either way, if they were to continue, they should work out a way to not have these so called 'side affects'.
Original post by Danya1
In my opinion, it was America that carried out the World Trade Center bombings, and Muslim's were the scape goats for it. Thought this is relevant as it is one of the main reasons that Muslims are called terrorists. Secondly, Islam is a religion of peace, therefore surely a terrorist shall not be called or considered a Muslim even though they usually claim to be doing their actions in the name of Islam.

Please stop disliking, we are all entitles to our own opinions.

You know what your book says about infidels and non-believers
If the koran is your holy book, then you have no humane respect for infidels based on the text.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/qu...3-violence.htm

Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".
Quran (9:14) - "Fight them, Allah will punish them by your hands and bring them to disgrace..."

Quran (9:73) - "O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination."
Quran (25:52) - "Therefore listen not to the Unbelievers, but strive against them with the utmost strenuousness..." "Strive against" is Jihad - obviously not in the personal context. It's also significant to point out that this is a Meccan verse."
Quran (66:9) - "O Prophet! Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and be stern with them. Hell will be their home, a hapless journey's end."

These are just some.

Just google what the Koran or Quran says about infidels and non-believers.

Judge Islam by the Quran and you'll see what their beliefs are all about
Original post by Dripsterdave
You know what your book says about infidels and non-believers
If the koran is your holy book, then you have no humane respect for infidels based on the text.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/qu...3-violence.htm

Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".
Quran (9:14) - "Fight them, Allah will punish them by your hands and bring them to disgrace..."

Quran (9:73) - "O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination."
Quran (25:52) - "Therefore listen not to the Unbelievers, but strive against them with the utmost strenuousness..." "Strive against" is Jihad - obviously not in the personal context. It's also significant to point out that this is a Meccan verse."
Quran (66:9) - "O Prophet! Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and be stern with them. Hell will be their home, a hapless journey's end."

These are just some.

Just google what the Koran or Quran says about infidels and non-believers.

Judge Islam by the Quran and you'll see what their beliefs are all about

sigh
Picking the famous "sword verses" are we?

why don't you read the verses before and after of this verse?

[B]Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."

stop taking it out of context you islamophobe.
Original post by notnerdylikeyou
sigh
Picking the famous "sword verses" are we?

why don't you read the verses before and after of this verse?

stop taking it out of context you islamophobe.

[QUOTE Picking the famous "sword verses" are we?

That is a non-statement. It's in holy book of muslims isn't it. Are you denouncing your own scripture?

The olde "you're taking it out of context trick" that I hear so often from you guys

So please take the opportunity to explain what is the context, don't just say I'm taking it out of context without explaining how I am doing that, I don't see how any context could justify slaying infidels because they are infidels?

Everyone who is not Islamic is an islamophobic because Islam does not like non-islamic people.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Danya1
Nonetheless, Kim Jong Il and Kim Jong-un are both hated by many due to their strong dictatorships (atleast Kim Jong-un now) and there is tension between the US and North Korea. Would you say that as they are government they should be left and all of North Korea should be under a dictatorship?
I wouldn't imagine so, and if terror is a side affect of the US, it's rather ironic seeing as they claim to be getting rid of terror. Either way, if they were to continue, they should work out a way to not have these so called 'side affects'.

I'm not making such a judgement call, that's an entirely different discussion.

The US claims to get rid of terror for the west, and attempts to reduce terror in e.g. Afganistan. Given the terror the previous government spread (the Taliban), I do not believe this to be a very difficult thing.
Reply 546
Original post by ash92:)
I agree with the above.

A few weeks ago, news headlines were getting a bit boring and they decided to bring up IRA again. Then eventually there was some random thing about an afghan(?) terrorist.
The media serve to maintain some form of enemy to the public. Maybe it's just so the public feel the need for the failing government in some shape or form.

It could be many things.

You're totally right:

Excluding religion for just one moment, but the media portrays is what it wants the public to think; the HYDE PARK BOMBER (John Downey) went free after no trial because he was given a guarantee he wouldn't be prosecuted: cold and blatant murder, yet we the people don't do anything about it... why? This is where religion plays its part...

If this was a Muslim man who had committed an atrocity (for example the Lockerbie Boming in '88); while I am aware that this was certainly more devastating, let's just put it into perspective. If this individual had been allowed to walk free, with an apparent letter saying he would never be convicted, how do you think people would have reacted? They would be OUTRAGED. Why? Well it's obvious isn't it, the man killed many innocent people, he should be imprisoned... but what people don't understand is, is that they are the sheep that are brainwashed by the media; while I do not condone the Lockerbie Bombing in any way, and I believe that any atrocity committed to anybody should be faced with justice; it is to do with religion. The only reason people will not shout out and stand up to the HYDE PARK case is due to the fact John Downey isn't branded someone of religion; though the IRA is heavily populated with 'so called Catholics' and Al Qaeda is populated with 'so called Muslims'; the media simplifies the story and illustrates him as a man 'who was just a bomber', not a Catholic/Christian TERRORIST, only a bomber.... whereas every so called 'Muslim' man related to terror offences today is branded with the word 'Islamist'; while these sick people should be brought to justice if they have committed their accused crimes, generalizing and using sly clever language to deceive the minds of people today is wrong, and that goes for any religion, sect or group of people; it is WRONG to take a small population of people are represent them to their own religion or group.

It just goes to show how stupid & naive we the people are; why are we worrying about so called terror groups thousands of miles from our shores, when we have the IRA right next to us...; the bigger threat!

The world is a mess and nobody is innocent, while I believe every religion provides the path to peace, we only perceive it as the cause for the mess in the world because that's what the media want us to believe; if more people followed religion, the people at the TOP would have much less power, and people would be less reliant on the present SYSTEM we have today; power is what drives the sick pathetic people that control us and the system; religion is their arch enemy because it gives the people MORE power to do what is right...
How many muslims, knowing a muslim terrorist was living next door to them and, being made aware that he was going to commit a terrorist act or knowing that he was a terrorist wanted by the authorities, would turn him in? I have to believe that the number would be small judging from the muslim worlds lack of widespread repudiation of terrorism. If that repudiation were to show itself than the Americans peoples feelings toward muslims would soften and we may start seeing them as human beings. I was a teenager during the Viet Nam War and remember seeing people cry when viewing newsreels of Vietnamese women and children being slaughtered. These images are what finally ended the war. Now, I see people react with indifference. Comments like, "Oh well, 1 billion more to go.", are common from men and women equally. I guess my point is that until muslims start acting as anti-terrorists they will be seen as terrorists.
Original post by Oldcon1953
How many muslims, knowing a muslim terrorist was living next door to them and, being made aware that he was going to commit a terrorist act or knowing that he was a terrorist wanted by the authorities, would turn him in? I have to believe that the number would be small judging from the muslim worlds lack of widespread repudiation of terrorism. If that repudiation were to show itself than the Americans peoples feelings toward muslims would soften and we may start seeing them as human beings. I was a teenager during the Viet Nam War and remember seeing people cry when viewing newsreels of Vietnamese women and children being slaughtered. These images are what finally ended the war. Now, I see people react with indifference. Comments like, "Oh well, 1 billion more to go.", are common from men and women equally. I guess my point is that until muslims start acting as anti-terrorists they will be seen as terrorists.

How many would turn him in? Many. Most Muslims don't like terrorists. I thought people generally know this by now :colonhash:
Original post by ash92:)
How many would turn him in? Many. Most Muslims don't like terrorists. I thought people generally know this by now :colonhash:

What has occurred to make most people believe most muslims don't like terrorists?
Original post by Oldcon1953
What has occurred to make most people believe most muslims don't like terrorists?

I say this as a part of the Muslim community. There never was a need for anything to occur. The majority of Muslims have long condemned terrorism, especially those in the West. Many Islamic scholars have announced their condemnation of such acts,
eh? Only the uneducated and unintelligent say such things.

Islam is no more "violent" than Christianity.

The ONLY reason why modern Christians aren't by and large violent is the Enlightenment. Christians used to use the Bible to justify slavery..lol..
Frightening to see Muslim posters on here spreading anti-American conspiracy theories.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending