The Student Room Group

Art and Design Foundation Diploma Loughborough 2013/2014

Hello there. I've been offered a place on Loughborough's art and design foundation course and am seriously thinking of accepting because I loved it there when I visited. Just wanted to get some information on Halls situation. Do foundation students have to apply like undergrads at the uni or is there a different system? Any other information about the course at Loughborough would be helpful :smile:
Reply 1
Hello, I'm not much help haha but I've been offered a place on the foundation course too!! I definitely want to go, looks so good there! I think we get an email telling us when we can apply for accommodation but I'm not really sure, any idea which you'll go for!? :smile: X
Reply 2
Hi! I'm at Loughborough at the moment doing the foundation and I love it! I actually live at home so don't know a lot of details about halls, but I do know a few general bits just from talking to other people. I think you have to apply like the undergrads :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by sketchyeuph
Hello, I'm not much help haha but I've been offered a place on the foundation course too!! I definitely want to go, looks so good there! I think we get an email telling us when we can apply for accommodation but I'm not really sure, any idea which you'll go for!? :smile: X

It's probably my favourite out of the ones I've applied to! I like the look of Harry French & William Morris:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by vrose185
Hi! I'm at Loughborough at the moment doing the foundation and I love it! I actually live at home so don't know a lot of details about halls, but I do know a few general bits just from talking to other people. I think you have to apply like the undergrads :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh okay so basically just apply once the offer has been accepted? And what's the nightlife like in Loughborough???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Yeah that's what you have to do with accommodation I think :smile:
And I can't speak from personal experience, as I commute everyday and its too far away to go out for a night.. But again, I've heard it's really good! Everyone's always talking about nights out and how good they are :smile: they do different events and deals on different days of the week :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by RaaStam
It's probably my favourite out of the ones I've applied to! I like the look of Harry French & William Morris:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i like the look of William Morris and Robert Bakewell! i'm excited it looks so fun, i know someone at Loughborough who did an art foundation and stayed for her degree and she says the night life is mental haha! one of the most sociable unis i think :smile: x
Reply 7
Anyone going directly from a level into a fine art ba at luffbra? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
can anyone help me i have to wright a personal statement of 300w. about why i want to go to loughborough art and design foundation course but i couldnt make it to an open day and i live in greece so i dont know much about it to say!
anyone? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Rafaela95
can anyone help me i have to wright a personal statement of 300w. about why i want to go to loughborough art and design foundation course but i couldnt make it to an open day and i live in greece so i dont know much about it to say!
anyone? :smile:

Just mention what you like about art and maybe your preferred discipline; painting, sculpture, fashion etc. Then specify what you want to get out of the course and whether you have plans when you've completed it. You could also talk about your strengths in art and design and maybe what you want to improve or explore. It might be a good idea to research a bit about the uni and say what appeals to you about it :smile: hope it goes well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by RaaStam
Just mention what you like about art and maybe your preferred discipline; painting, sculpture, fashion etc. Then specify what you want to get out of the course and whether you have plans when you've completed it. You could also talk about your strengths in art and design and maybe what you want to improve or explore. It might be a good idea to research a bit about the uni and say what appeals to you about it :smile: hope it goes well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks a lot! :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by RaaStam
Ahh okay so basically just apply once the offer has been accepted? And what's the nightlife like in Loughborough???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Loughboroughs nightlife gets abit boring after a while... but tbf I've lived there all my life :wink:
You can always go on night outs in Leicester aswell :smile:
Reply 12
i guess it depends on if u are applying to a tech or collage instead of uni but i can tell you im a foundation student at the moment and its been really really good i applied to uni 2 years ago and never got a place ive done my foundation and now i have all unconditional offers to all of my courses it really makes you improve so much more youll never belive :smile:
When can we start applying for accommodation? Is it around May time? X
Reply 14
How did everyone get on with accommodation applications? Couldn't have gone worst than mine haha..

Quick Reply

Latest