The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Well, I think they put an expresso in the cup after adding milk and ice. Then they melt it, but a thin coat of expresso's deliciousness still floats on the beverage. Sounds a bit weird but it's amazing.
I think I'm team Starbucks on this - I love their hot chocolates and have you tasted their iced cookies and cream thing?! However, I do think it is a bit overpriced, and its quite awkward when the staff spell your name wrong...
Couple of questions about Costa, how much on average is a panini? and can you get it to take away?
Original post by Add!ction
Couple of questions about Costa, how much on average is a panini? and can you get it to take away?

They are about £3.95 and you can get them for takeaway- in these really cool boxes! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by Add!ction

You can defo get it for take away :sexface: :yep:
Costa is the only one near me. I love their mint hot chocolate <3
Drink at Starbucks more often but Costa's Caffe Caramella is really good :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks guys :smile:
Reply 88
prefer to go to a local shop or make my own, boo to globalisation
I prefer Neros because they let me sit in and do my work without buying anything :lol:
I work in costa and the amount of effort that goes into their drinks compared to Starbucks is huge, believe me.
Never tried Costa.
Costa. Starbucks' coffee is vile. Okay, I haven't had it that often, but the one time I did I was basically given a pint of warm, slightly bitter, milk. In fact, I'm not even sure if it tasted milky. Either way, it didn't taste of coffee really. Costa isn't amazing, but I generally go there because the staff are good, and it's more accessible than Nero or the extremely good independent shops round here.
I think I prefer Starbucks lattes to those at Costa, but now I really can't remember. I use the Costa latte Tassimo disks at home, they taste fine for their price. I think each cup (probably the size of a small or medium in an actual chain store) works out at something like 41p each, so it's a lot cheaper to just have one when I get home rather than purposefully go out and buy a ~£3 coffee in town when at college. That said, it is a different experience. I'm wondering whether I should buy a coffee maker for university now that I have become so used to having one at home :3
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 94
I have no real preference, although I haven't been to Costa in a long time. I usually find myself in there when i'm waiting for a train or something, they're always conveniently placed.

I work in Starbucks, so i'm always drinking their stuff. I like it.
I would say Starbucks are better for cold drinks and costa are better for hot drinks.
Starbucks all the way, even though it might sometimes be slightly more expensive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Cafe Nero > Starbucks > Costa in my view.
Reply 98
They're both pretentious, hipster hangouts.
After trying some Costa Coolers, I retract my previous statement.

Latest