The Student Room Group

Foundation year

Hello everyone.I'm interested in LLB in Queen Marrys.Problem is that I'm lithuanian,so I'd need to take a foundation year.Can I get a loan for it?Thanks
Reply 1
Do you mean a Foundation Degree? If so, than yes you are eligible for student finance loan.
However, Are you classed as international student, or Do you live in the UK? If the former, you cannot get a student loan from student finance.
Reply 2
Original post by BANS2012
Do you mean a Foundation Degree? If so, than yes you are eligible for student finance loan.
However, Are you classed as international student, or Do you live in the UK? If the former, you cannot get a student loan from student finance.

http://language-centre.sllf.qmul.ac.uk/ifp.this is what I was talking about.I'm not british,but I'm from EU,so I think I'd still could get a student loan?
Original post by B-recipe
http://language-centre.sllf.qmul.ac.uk/ifp.this is what I was talking about.I'm not british,but I'm from EU,so I think I'd still could get a student loan?

You can get a loan, but for tuition fees only. You will have to fund all living expenses yourself.
Reply 4
Original post by Origami Bullets
You can get a loan, but for tuition fees only. You will have to fund all living expenses yourself.

Thank you.I will try to talk with my acquintances in London if they can offer me a place to live,this would cut my expenses greatly,I'd still need to find a part-time job though.
Original post by B-recipe
Thank you.I will try to talk with my acquintances in London if they can offer me a place to live,this would cut my expenses greatly,I'd still need to find a part-time job though.

I don't see your acquaintances being happy to put you up for four years+ for no rent. Bear in mind that you cannot get a loan for living expenses for any of the years of your degree.

Are you sure you can afford to study in the UK, and especially in London? Rents in London are typically 2 to 3 times as much as you would pay for an equivalent property in a northern city like Manchester.
Reply 6
Original post by Origami Bullets
I don't see your acquaintances being happy to put you up for four years+ for no rent. Bear in mind that you cannot get a loan for living expenses for any of the years of your degree.

Are you sure you can afford to study in the UK, and especially in London? Rents in London are typically 2 to 3 times as much as you would pay for an equivalent property in a northern city like Manchester.

They wouldn't be certainly willing to put me up for that long,but I could see myself convincing them,because if I get a part-time job,I could pay them a little bit and could promise to pay them a certain amount of money after i graduate.I'm looking into Newcastle,Birmingham and Manchester as well,but I have no acquitances in those cities,so I don't think I could survive with a part-time job only

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending