The Student Room Group

How badly do you need a B in GCSE English Language

So I'm in my first year at college and I really want to go into a school leavers program to become a chartered accountant.
BDO & KPMG both have AAB Requirement's while PwC has BBC requirement's. They all have a B in Maths & English Language GCSE as requirement's.
While I'm definitely able to get AAB in my 3 A Level's (Accounting; Economics & Business Studies) and I also got an A* at Math's GCSE. I only got a C in English Language (Although I got a B in English Literature). Does anyone have any insight into these program's? Do you think they will consider a candidate who meets the A Level requirement's but just falls short of the two GCSE Requirement's?
(edited 11 years ago)
It is really important most universities set that as the bare minimum you need to get in
GCSEs aren't as significant as the a-levels. That is unless the university course specifically outlines the bare minimum for you to enroll on the course.

I wouldn't worry, if you're expecting AAB you should get in just fine. I have a C as well, it's no worry!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending