The Student Room Group

If you were me, which AS would you drop?

English Lit, History, RS or Psychology?

I have to decide in a WEEK and have no idea. I find Psychology the easiest and sm more like to do well in it, but enjoy it the least and find History the hardest but love it the most. I have no idea what to do at Uni at all....I haven't sat exams yet so how can I possibly decide? Advice is appreciated.
Reply 1
Drop psychology, soft subject and you don't enjoy it.
Drop RS. English Lit and History are what are known as "A-List" subjects so are favoured highly by most universities. That leaves RS and Psychology and if you find psychology easy I'd drop RS
Reply 3
Original post by HenryD
Drop psychology, soft subject and you don't enjoy it.

psychology a soft subject?! whoever wrote this has no idea what they're talking about...

anyway, if it was me, and you did ask what I would do, I'd drop Religious Studies, just because I hated it in secondary school.
Reply 4
Original post by juliun
psychology a soft subject?! whoever wrote this has no idea what they're talking about...

anyway, if it was me, and you did ask what I would do, I'd drop Religious Studies, just because I hated it in secondary school.

http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/index.php?pageid=604
Do Cambridge also not know what they're talking about? It's weak, certainly weaker than the other three.
What's RS? Religious Studies?
Reply 6
Original post by Amanbabbar./
What's RS? Religious Studies?

Yeah, Religious Studies.
Reply 7
Drop RS. You have two widely respected subjects which unis like. All of the unis,Russell Group, I applied to said at least two A levels from their preferred list and History and English are on the list. Plus since you find psychology easy it will mean you can devote more time to the other two A Levels and do better in them

Quick Reply

Latest