The Student Room Group

Costa vs Caffe Nero vs Starbucks

Scroll to see replies

Nero! Best drinks, best service, best food, best atmosphere. Best kept secret. Til now..
Reply 21
Starbucks, Starbucks Starbucks! I LOVE it - the food and drinks.

I go to Costa too, but hate their lattes - especially the Vanilla ones. Grh - horrible taste! Their food is OK

I don't like cafe Nero. Neither the drinks or food.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 22
I like both Costa and Starbucks. I have never eaten at Costa or Starbucks though. I have never been in Caffe Nero so cannot really comment. :smile:
Reply 23
Starbucks are tax dodging scumbags, Costa is incredibly expensive for what you get (especially with food).
So Nero it is, only been there like once but it was alright and I got a free drink from some coupon haha

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 24
Original post by curtis871
Op you work for starbucks? Good promotion in your first post :tongue:. I've only been to 2 different starbucks but have not met even remotely friendly staff at either.

Used to work for Starbucks back in home country. Currently working for Costa and don't like it. Have to agree that Costa is technically better when making drinks, they aim for perfection in their drinks which is different from Starbucks. Starbucks is more into their service instead of making a perfect drink. I work in a very busy Costa, and there's this full time employee who worked there for 4 months and isn't allowed to make drinks yet for the customer (except for the less busy times where the barista maestro gets to watch and guide him). And yes, Costa pays better and more benefits, but then Starbucks is where I love to be. Returning for Starbucks soon :smile:
Reply 25
Costaaaa ♥♡

Posted from TSR Mobile
Coffee#1...but I might be biased because I work there haha! Best coffee bean blend by far.

As for costa, nero and starbucks...i prefer nero food but the marshmallows with costa hot chocolate are lovely!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
I dont care for any of them, Mcdonalds does Caramel frappes for £2.19 and thats my spot from now on :smile:
Reply 28
Starbucks - Coffee/Caramel Frapacchino and their blueberry muffin
Costa - Cinnamon Latte and their chocolate brownie nom nom
Cafe Nero - never been!! but will look at the answers to this question and see if it's worth bothering lol x
Original post by claire.j
Used to work for Starbucks back in home country. Currently working for Costa and don't like it. Have to agree that Costa is technically better when making drinks, they aim for perfection in their drinks which is different from Starbucks. Starbucks is more into their service instead of making a perfect drink. I work in a very busy Costa, and there's this full time employee who worked there for 4 months and isn't allowed to make drinks yet for the customer (except for the less busy times where the barista maestro gets to watch and guide him). And yes, Costa pays better and more benefits, but then Starbucks is where I love to be. Returning for Starbucks soon :smile:

I work for costa too :tongue:! I enjoy it though so I hope things improve at your store.
Reply 30
Starbucks, because I find it hilarious giving them fake names.

Seriously, though, all of them. Food and iced beverages are delicious in Starbucks and Nero, but I prefer Costa's coffees (apart from Starbucks' Caramel Macchiato, mmm)
My local coffee shop
Starbucks is alright but I'm not a huge fan of their coffee and Nero is just meh. Now Costa is another story, I adore Costa for everything - they now sell pasta salad! I love my caramel lattes and Costa know how to make them perfectly and they don't charge for soy milk unlike Nero and Starbucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Think you've had a bad Costa experience if you're giving out no stars to the Baristas. All the ones I meet are lovely. They've been in media for being accepting of mothers breastfeeding and to compare my local *$ and costa; Startbucks requires you to have a code for the loos whereas Costa have a sticker on the door saying feel free to use them even if you aren't a customer. Who sounds more welcoming there?

Also, Costa have a better card in my opinion. I don't get starbucks cards but Costa ones work like boots cards and mean I often enjoy free breakfast! Staff have never had a problem with me blatantly passing my card down my line of friends too to get extra points since they dont have cards. :smile:
Reply 35
Waitrose - coffee is free. Why pay for it ?
Reply 36
If you go out to Starbuck's, it'll Costa lot, Nero 'nough £10.
Starbucks for drinks (not tea though!), Caffe Nero for drinks and Costa for food and convenience.

EDIT: Forgot Maccy D for drinks, reasonably priced too.
(edited 9 years ago)
I prefer the drinks at Starbucks compared to Costa but I never go to Caffe Nero so I wouldn't really know.
Caffè Nero - Because it's British.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest